What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Currently mulling over picking this beauty up as a summer/weekend car....

Have always loved these.

IMG_4019.PNG

Lovely.

Go for it. You'll get enjoyment out of it and it'll appreciate in value as well 

• Like 2

Yay, car turned up. So nice, so fast... too fast.

I am genuinely concerned I might be done for speeding less than an hour in to ownership; decided to take it on the dual carriageway near me and floored it off an island to see what it'd do. Needless to say it shifted! Unfortunately I see a police car on the other side of the dual carriageway parked up in the layby. Noticing a little too late I hit the breaks. His lights come on and I cack myself but he doesn't catch up with me (he'd have had to go up to the roundabout and back down but probably would have had time with flashing blues). I'm hoping he wasn't on speed checking and was just waiting there for another call... suppose I'll see what turns up in the post in the next week or two. Be bloody typical though - he wasn't there when I'd gone up the road first time at very normal hesitant speeds only 10mins before.

Studio_20170708_193525~01.jpg

• Like 2

Finally picking up the new carriage tomorrow morning.  Was invited to Silverstone at the end of June to drive round the Porsche test track, so I already know a little bit of what to expect.  I was surprised at the power and handling of a Macan in track conditions, but being the test track we also drove on ice, did an emergency stop at 80mph, a few other things.  The car is absolutely incredible.  Really looking forward to it.

I also had 30 mins in a Targa while I was there.  0-60 in 3 seconds.  The thing absolutely flies.  The one I drove had Launch Control, which was how I'd imagine flying a fighter jet (almost) to be.  Just ludicrous.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 10:08, TrentVilla said:

Currently mulling over picking this beauty up as a summer/weekend car....

Have always loved these.

IMG_4019.PNG

Beautiful. My plan was always to buy my dad something like that if I had the spare money. Sadly will never get that chance. Def go for it.

With the house nearing completion I really need to sort out the car situation. Been putting it off for a while. Need to sell mine first but I think I will go down the lease route.  Anyone want to buy a 320d BMW M Sport 2009? Thought not.

Had this last Friday

20170712_210845.thumb.jpg.14c4e663001d7e7436f94e9cf1d9a79b.jpg

Wanted to stay hybrid but Toyota don't do anything at the moment that's big enough for me at my price range.

This is the 1.4ecoTSI DSG xcellence. Lovely car but DSG with start-stop is so last century compared to the CVT in a hybrid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

With the house nearing completion I really need to sort out the car situation. Been putting it off for a while. Need to sell mine first but I think I will go down the lease route.  Anyone want to buy a 320d BMW M Sport 2009? Thought not.

£500 quid and you can keep the mats.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:25, NurembergVillan said:

Hello gorgeous...  :wub:

Car.jpg

I can see a scratch on it already :) 

I had a look at one the other week , couldn't buy one as my brother wants to get one at some point and it would be a bit sneaky if I dived in and got one

I've got a shitty old diesel, I do an 85 mile round trip to work. I earn good money but I can't bring myself to buy a "nice" car for the value of it it drop like a stone due to the miles

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

A Ford Manx I reckon....

IMG_4203.PNG

I shall be in staying in Nottenham on Wednesday night, so if you have time to say hello, let me know,

• Like 1

Â