What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

This better?  Think I figured it out.

1597564.gif

Ah I give up. Not sure either,posted from really old iPad but pic taken on iPhone (vertical ways up) confused the hell out of myself. I blame Apple. Never mind

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not as cool as my 1978 BMW 320i, the same copper color as the Buick, but way cooler.

I guess it depends what's rare. We have Beemers out the wazoo over here so your Buick over here would be way cooler :)

@Midfielder I had an abarth 595 competizione 

got a lot of stick at work for having a girly car but honestly it was tons of fun, I had the 4 exhausts which made a racket, going round corners and especially throwing it round islands nothing touches it, the acceleration you get out of the bend is mad, attracted a lot of dickheads, people cutting me up on purpose etc even when I was driving sensibly but fast

had to get rid of it cos the missus has a little car too and I needed the boot space

• Like 1

I get through cars like nobody i know and every time it's for valid reasons. After having some fun over the years I'm now looking for a small, economic hatchback around the £2k-£3k mark. If anyone can suggest me something that would be appreciated. 

So far I've had:

Austin Mini Mayfair

VW Scirocco mk2 - 1.6GT

Audi A3 - 1.8T

Nissan Micra mk1 GSX

VW Golf mk2 Driver

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

They do look sharp. I'd like a better look at the cap you have on that truck, I've never seen one like it.

it's just a basic "roll top" / "roll n lock" tonneau. mine's a really crap one though. 

again, sorry if this image rotates but is vertical on my screen in camera roll, unlock it and it slides back reverting to open bed. Over here, theres much much nicer tonneaus than that one that do the same but look better...

2yvtbbt.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

@Midfielder I had an abarth 595 competizione 

got a lot of stick at work for having a girly car but honestly it was tons of fun, I had the 4 exhausts which made a racket, going round corners and especially throwing it round islands nothing touches it, the acceleration you get out of the bend is mad, attracted a lot of dickheads, people cutting me up on purpose etc even when I was driving sensibly but fast

had to get rid of it cos the missus has a little car too and I needed the boot space

That's the one my friend. The sort of modern-Mini experience. Always wanted a little gokart, dont mind the looks / banter. Money's tight at the mo, but will be thinking about it in a few months. I just think on top of the handling, the weight and the nippyness of it, i just think they look fun and quite attractive as cars go. Girly, yes but well.... its... i dunno i just really like them. Couple of women at my work have one, the white cream one with red Abarth styling, just looks sleek, sporty...  a lot of design in such a small car. love it! 

you should have made the missus have the Abarth so you could still have a go of it every now and then.

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

I get through cars like nobody i know and every time it's for valid reasons. After having some fun over the years I'm now looking for a small, economic hatchback around the £2k-£3k mark. If anyone can suggest me something that would be appreciated. 

So far I've had:

Austin Mini Mayfair

VW Scirocco mk2 - 1.6GT

Audi A3 - 1.8T

Nissan Micra mk1 GSX

VW Golf mk2 Driver

Anything Japanese for your economic hatchback.

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

That's the one my friend. The sort of modern-Mini experience. Always wanted a little gokart, dont mind the looks / banter. Money's tight at the mo, but will be thinking about it in a few months. I just think on top of the handling, the weight and the nippyness of it, i just think they look fun and quite attractive as cars go. Girly, yes but well.... its... i dunno i just really like them. Couple of women at my work have one, the white cream one with red Abarth styling, just looks sleek, sporty...  a lot of design in such a small car. love it! 

you should have made the missus have the Abarth so you could still have a go of it every now and then.

I had mine 4 years ago, no one knew what it was, that was part of the appeal for me but they're becoming quite common, I think the 595s start at £15k, that's around 3/4 up the range of fiat 500s, to pay more for a 500 than for an abarth seems crazy to me, £3k cheaper than a polo GTI and £4K cheaper than a fiesta ST

On 4/19/2017 at 22:36, maqroll said:

Not as cool as my 1978 BMW 320i, the same copper color as the Buick, but way cooler.

Virtual thumbs up for that mate

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Virtual thumbs up for that mate

It was class, as was my red 1972 BMW 2002, 4 speed. Not a highway car, but fun to scoot around the city in. Unfortunately both cars required steady maintenance, so I sold them. I bought a more practical VW Jetta, which was fun to drive but had continual electric problems. Switched to a Ford Ranger when I was using it for work, and loved it, no problems. Been driving a Ford Escape for the last 12 years, it's a good little SUV, and it only has 60K miles on it. I need an AWD for Maine winters though, and my Escape doesn't have it. A trade in will probably happen next year, not sure if I'll stick with Ford.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Hyundai Ioniq

To my untrained eye, this looks like a bit of a deal?

I'm just at the point where I'm 'looking' which by previous experience involves 6 months of forensic searching out of all deals and all specs on all car brands. Followed by waking up one morning and randomly buying a used black Mercedes from the choices on the forecourt of a main dealer.

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hyundai Ioniq

To my untrained eye, this looks like a bit of a deal?

I'm just at the point where I'm 'looking' which by previous experience involves 6 months of forensic searching out of all deals and all specs on all car brands. Followed by waking up one morning and randomly buying a used black Mercedes from the choices on the forecourt of a main dealer.

That does seem a good deal (I also have untrained eyes before you take that as a considered opinion!)

• Like 1

Just a quick heads up for those of you on here who currently have a car on finance (or in the past few years). 

The FCA have launched an investigation into dealer finance practises, mainly affordability and credit checks, however there could be a bit of a PPI scenario looming too....

If any of you took 'GAP insurance' out when you entered the agreement (knowingly or otherwise), you might be looking at getting some cash back.

Early days and it could be a couple of years before it comes to a head, but worth looking through any current/old agreements and being ready ahead of the game. If some of you have had multiple agreements across a few years, could be a reasonable few quid :thumb:

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Just a quick heads up for those of you on here who currently have a car on finance (or in the past few years). 

The FCA have launched an investigation into dealer finance practises, mainly affordability and credit checks, however there could be a bit of a PPI scenario looming too....

If any of you took 'GAP insurance' out when you entered the agreement (knowingly or otherwise), you might be looking at getting some cash back.

Early days and it could be a couple of years before it comes to a head, but worth looking through any current/old agreements and being ready ahead of the game. If some of you have had multiple agreements across a few years, could be a reasonable few quid :thumb:

Picked up my new car on Wednesday and took out the GAP insurance, they were very eager to make a point that they were not mis-selling the policy and also made us sign some paper work to agree that we understood the benefits of it etc. I thought it was a bit weird at the time.

Â