What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think it did/does look tired personally, I think they could have continued tweaking it for quite some time.

But then I don't get a few of their decisions of late, like scrapping the defender....

Then there is the convertible Evoque..... no, no, no, no...

The thing with L319 Disco was that it was far heavier than it really should have been, as it was basically a monocoque body on a steel chassis which was overkill in the extreme really. The chassis was originally developed for the Defender replacement, which was shelved (I think by Ford, penny pinching as usual) and they had to something with it, so they plonked the Disco on it, shimples. I think by accident they had a very capable car, although in the Range Rover Sport's case. sport was pushing it a bit far!

I think when the model year changes kick in, they'll do something about the hideous tailgate, well I hope they do.

I've seen a few Evoque cabrios around the site, mainly driven by small bald men, which may or may not be the target buyer!

On 02/08/2017 at 21:03, turnbull said:

Those pics are a few years old now. I've not seen any newer ones, but I've spoken to people who have and the replacement won't look anything like that.

It's been scrapped and restarted several times. I've not seen a recent model of it to know how similar they are.

8 hours ago, Tegis said:

I had fun today. Had a chance to floor it a couple of times and, JAYSUS!!

9p98BC2.jpg

bTUMeKR.jpg

Gallardo? I test drove a couple of Lamborghinis when I picked up my new car and they were superb. Bit difficult to get in and out of for a 45 year old with a dicky back though.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Gallardo? I test drove a couple of Lamborghinis when I picked up my new car and they were superb. Bit difficult to get in and out of for a 45 year old with a dicky back though.

Yep, and being 1.90 and a bit fat isn't helpful either :D

On 04/08/2017 at 20:59, Risso said:

Quick pic of the engine and the cockpit. It's amazing fun to drive, stupidly fast in a straight line but agile and very sure footed. 

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

Obviously you don't buy a car like that for fuel economy I get that, but out of interest what are you getting? 

I'm thinking a 12 cylinder monster like that is probably only just creeping into double figures for mpg?

Back to the world of boring cars, any one have any thoughts on the BMW 5 series hybrid ?

the f pace etc I've been looking at are going to cost me £500 + a month in tax and it goes up 3 % a year for the next couple of years

the 530e is likely to cost me less than £200 

tbh it looked a nice car but it carries a lot of extra weight , and not just when I get in it :(... gettting a test drive in one seems difficult at the moment but the impression the dealer gave is that it handles no differently despite the extra weight  and the transition is smooth

anyone had any experience with hybrids in general ? 

Any shouts on a car to buy lads? Getting a bit of money soon so finally able to get back on the road. Drove Fiesta, Corsa and i20 in the past and had no problems with any.

I'll be doing quite a bit of motorway driving, not after a family car as such, budget around £4000 would be great. I guess my miles on average would be roughly 10k. 

13 hours ago, turnbull said:

F Type SVR would do for me.

They are so noisy it's beyond a joke, fun at first but gets annoying quite quickly (from reports I've seen of people who have lived with one).

59 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Any shouts on a car to buy lads? Getting a bit of money soon so finally able to get back on the road. Drove Fiesta, Corsa and i20 in the past and had no problems with any.

I'll be doing quite a bit of motorway driving, not after a family car as such, budget around £4000 would be great. I guess my miles on average would be roughly 10k. 

You can't go too far wrong with a Ford Focus, ride and handling good, comfortable to drive, good economy, good selection of kit and hold their value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

They are so noisy it's beyond a joke, fun at first but gets annoying quite quickly (from reports I've seen of people who have lived with one).

At least peeps would know I had one!

I know what you mean though, they should have a quiet start on the them, as should the RRS-SVR

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turnbull said:

At least peeps would know I had one!

I know what you mean though, they should have a quiet start on the them, as should the RRS-SVR

I think they do, but it's still pretty brutal.

Â