• Salt & Vinegar
    • Salt only
    • Vinegar only
    • Nothing
    • the works
    • Gravy, because I know what's good

for our American viewers , Chips = your French Fries

has to be salt & vinegar

I remember when we were in Yorkshire almost every week back in our Div 1 time and seeing all the northerners having mushy peas or curry sauce on them :puke:

How can you not like chips!

'Kin ace chips are!

Bloody Yanks dont have a scooby!

Shoestring french fries me Arse.

Give me big thick Chips with salt and vinegar red sauce/brown sauce/curry sauce/gravy. Ta!

Important interjection here.

It all depends on the quality of the addition. For example, if the chipshop eaterie has proper, Heinz tomato sauce, then its the way to go, but if its some anonymous generic horribly vinegary cheapo red sauce, then ditch it, immediately. Nothing ruins chips like a cheap sauce.

Howver, you disappoint me that mushy peas isn't considered a quality topping, for chips, if a pea fritter isn't available. And this optino thrives on a bath of vinegar and a shower of salt.

And whilst this is true for uk fat chips, I concurr with the opinion that when in Rome, or Paris or wherever, then the more slender, crisper continetal chip ought be doused liberally with a quality mayonnaise.

A very brief encounter of salt and vinegar, i dont say that in big johns.. they barely understand a tiny little bit please.. and then red sauce or salad cream if i´m feeling wierd. Having said that I don´t eat them very often at all..

Â