Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Trawling through the Spurs forums, there is a general consensus amongst their lot that they struggle to break teams down. With that in mind I'd return to 3-5-2 for this:

Guzan

Vlaar Baker Clark

Bacuna KEA Delph Sylla Luna

Benteke Helenius

If we're going to play 3-5-2 and try and stay tight I think we'd be better off with Gabby up front for when we break, and Westwood in the middle for his range of passing if the middle three are going to stay static. I agree with the rest though, and would like to see Helenius get a full game, I just don't think this is the right one.

If Benteke isn't fit I'd play Gabby and Weimann up top, their centre halves are much better than Hull's so I won't hope for much to be won in the air, so leave Kozak out and use all the pace we have.

If Benteke isn't fit I'd play Gabby and Weimann up top, their centre halves are much better than Hull's so I won't hope for much to be won in the air, so leave Kozak out and use all the pace we have.

Yes maybe go 3 at the back and then we can get some width from the fullbacks. Tottenham are pretty string down their right with Townsend and Walker so Luna will need cover. Bacuna should have an easier ride. This is a game I would pick Sylla in.

I struggle to see Spurs losing 2 on the bounce, and us being undefeated in 4 games is also quite a big ask, but as this season has shown so far, anything can happen. I can't help but think that we kind of have a bit of revenge to take after they put 4 past (albeit quite a different squad) us at Villa park in the cup. I think we'll put in a good performance, but I'm not sure which way it'll go. 2-1 either way

I struggle to see Spurs losing 2 on the bounce, and us being undefeated in 4 games is also quite a big ask, but as this season has shown so far, anything can happen. I can't help but think that we kind of have a bit of revenge to take after they put 4 past (albeit quite a different squad) us at Villa park in the cup. I think we'll put in a good performance, but I'm not sure which way it'll go. 2-1 either way

Why? Manure lost 2 on the bounce so spuds can too. If wet spam can beat them on their own patch then we can beat them at VP.

Trawling through the Spurs forums, there is a general consensus amongst their lot that they struggle to break teams down. With that in mind I'd return to 3-5-2 for this:

Guzan

Vlaar Baker Clark

Bacuna KEA Delph Sylla Luna

Benteke Helenius

If we're going to play 3-5-2 and try and stay tight I think we'd be better off with Gabby up front for when we break, and Westwood in the middle for his range of passing if the middle three are going to stay static. I agree with the rest though, and would like to see Helenius get a full game, I just don't think this is the right one.

I'm not convinced that Gabby can do the second-striker role which is why I opted for Helenius who looks to have better awareness and ability on the ball.

I think we also should basically treat it like the Man City game. Accept that we won't be able to match them in possession but we can press well, keep our shape and offer them little time on the ball. Westwood isn't very good at this which is why I'd prefer Sylla.