• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Westwood 74)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 75)

This poll is closed to new votes

We missed benteke today I must say. However the defence were good)(albeit Hull's poor attacking) and Delph stood out. However I felt that Weimann should've come off for Tonev instead of Gabby. But we got a clean sheet so onwards and upwards.

Picking up points when we're not playing well is a good sign, as I said before. We've been doing that this season. Didn't watch the game but I'm sure we would have accepted getting beat by City last week and winning this one. 

A clean sheet is always good, too. Especially for us. We can only get better.

• Like 2

The dullest, worst display of Premier League football I have ever seen, and that includes the McLeish years.

I just don't understand this team. One week we beat Man City, the next we can't come up with anything at Hull. We smash Arsenal,  then get battered by Newcastle. 

really?

we were lucky to beat City, we had the lions share of possession we created twice (or more probably) as many chances as they did and if gabby finds the net from the weimann cut back instead of it passing the post we would have won comfortably.

Yes, really. A few positives - Delph, a clean sheet. Clark has his confidence back. But in terms of footballing ability? Dreadful first touches, constant dwindling on the ball and losing it, corners not getting past the first man, sliced shots, foul throws, etc etc. It was shit.

Very boring. Defence were sound enough. At least we got a clean sheet, although Hull are very poor. We really should be winning these games and may well regret today's apathetic and lethargic approach to the game.

Weimann has been poor recently. Needs to get his head right.

Delph was MOM. Luna and Bacuna were decent aswell. 

Westwood lacking a bit of sharpness.

Kozak is ****!ng crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, scores the winner against Norwich and plays a very important roll against City. Yes, he was very poor today but it wasn't as though he had much in the way of service, I wouldn't call him 'crap', not yet anyway...

Poor poor game. Our inability to create anything when we have a decent amount of possesion is a huge problem. It's something Lambert should have addressed in the summer instead of wasting money on Kozak who is useless.

clearly delph motm, only el hamadi came remotely close to him

we were very very poor up front today

kozak, for a big lad he has shit feet, poor control and cant win a header for toffee, I thought helenius was meant to be the tall one who couldn't win a header?

weimann wtf? either tired or injured because that was truelly shit and he normally puts in a shift but today was dog dirt

westwood, poor, passing wasn't up to much, tackling was poor and temperament was appalling- needs dropping and shouldn't have been picked anyway

luna was good at times but he needs to either beat his man when one on one or cross the ball in, I saw at least 3 times second half him go down the line near their area and the ball gets passed all the way back to guzan? really?

bacuna was decent, looked to want the ball and looked to attack, a couple crap crosses but over all he tried and did better than most

vlaar was ok today

clark was hit and miss, did some good things but frequently punted the ball straight to a hull player

guzan didn't have anything to do but pluck the ball out of the air and 1 huddlestone shot

gabby was ok but wasted out wide when there is no hold up play and the counter attacked are based on boooot and hope most of the time

cant understand why at half time it wasn't changed around, westwood needed taking off at half time before he was sent off, kuzak or weimann should have also come off and switch to a 4 4 2, we would have had more of the ball in the middle and options while attacking, today we were static and lacking in numbers in the box.

2 points dropped in this game, hull were poor but we were just as shit

There were some good points. We did get a point - I'm pretty convinced that last season we'd have conspired to lose it with some schoolboy defending. We got a clean sheet and our defence was decent - Bacuna in particular played well. Delph also put in a good performance.

However 0-0 against Hull isn't a great result particularly as we play better away from home. We should be expecting better even without Benteke and the form of Wiemann and Kozak (and the fact we're still relying on J-Bowz to change a game) is rather depressing.

If this had been served up under McLeish he'd have been slaughtered for it, but that's mostly because the previous six games would have involved us being spanked in the most depressing way possible. Lambert gets more slack because we we just beat Man City 3-2. We're allowed boring performances once in a while, let's just hope that it doesn't become a recurring theme.

• Like 2

Â