Battlefield 4

villarule123

Buy one then you tit! Get rid of your second XBO and make room :P

Team deathmatch is a bit CODy, but SDM is still quite unique?

Yeah i'm looking into it now mate ;)

Going to the dogs tonight, if I get a few winners i'll go out and treat myself. :)

• Like 1

It's playable now.

They (DICE/EA) have provided high performance servers, which do perform much better.

Since the new servers have been updated, I've only been on one map in 15+ hours which was laggy.

You'll still experience annoying deaths from our friends in Russia/Saudi et, but it's at least at the same standard of performance that BF3 was, and BF3 wasa great game.

Great news for BF4;

Tickrates are being raised from 10 hertz per second, to 30 hertz per second.

This means that online, the game is being refreshed 30 times per second.

The effect that the user see's is a much more responsive game.

The amount of exchanged deaths/dying around corners should soon be vastly reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfhPHXvyyk

This video explains everything much better then I can :) Check it out!

Great news for BF4;

Tickrates are being raised from 10 hertz per second, to 30 hertz per second.

This means that online, the game is being refreshed 30 times per second.

The effect that the user see's is a much more responsive game.

The amount of exchanged deaths/dying around corners should soon be vastly reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfhPHXvyyk

This video explains everything much better then I can :) Check it out!

It's taken them 8 months to get the game playable, shameful.

Especially when they want to bring a new FPS out every year.

Indeed, too little too late. I get the feeling that, like what happens to most small game developers who take pride in the product they make, DICE have been turned into an engine to make a Franchise that makes money now rather than make quality product. BF4 was released before it was finished. Simple really.

Thank god for Valve.

Indeed, too little too late. I get the feeling that, like what happens to most small game developers who take pride in the product they make, DICE have been turned into an engine to make a Franchise that makes money now rather than make quality product. BF4 was released before it was finished. Simple really.

Thank god for Valve.

No offense, but DICE only make a game every 2 years.

Also, BF3 was playable from the release, it just had bad weapon balancing.

I think the fact that on ps3/360s, the player count was 24 has contributed to the problems they've been having. It's now 64 players. The consoles are new and I think its shocked DICE at the problems they've had.

PC BF4 hasn't had the problems the consoles have had. Whilst it really hasn't been good enough, you can't really fault the commitment DICE have shown to fix it. They've stopped development on all future titles and assigned every team they manage onto the project.

Smaller game modes haven't had the problems the big conquest maps have had either. Domination and TDM have worked fine from launch.

And in total fairness its the maps with a lot of water which have been poor performers. The technology to get so much water into the maps is very problematic for online performance. Every wave produced has to be sent at the same time to all players, regardless of where those players are playing. It's an incredible amount of information to be sent and received in real time.

I think this game, with the new consoles was always going to be a problem.

But they are fixing them daily.

I've just ordered a Tritton Kama headset, you will all be able to hear my horrible brummie accent tomorrow/Sunday.

You don't think I have one? :)

A few on her can vouch for mine.

Wait until you hear it :(

I've just ordered a Tritton Kama headset, you will all be able to hear my horrible brummie accent tomorrow/Sunday.

You don't think I have one? :)

A few on her can vouch for mine.

Wait until you hear it :(

Can't wait! :-D

What sweet soft voices lapal and Gareth have. Quite enjoyed that, I'm actually managing to kill a few people, just need to keep my deaths down a bit.

How do the scores on conquest actually work? I know it's something to do with capture the flag but what are the scores that the teams have that count down from 999?

Buy one then you tit! Get rid of your second XBO and make room :P

Team deathmatch is a bit CODy, but SDM is still quite unique?

Yeah i'm looking into it now mate ;)

Going to the dogs tonight, if I get a few winners i'll go out and treat myself. :)

Did you win then Piehead?

What sweet soft voices lapal and Gareth have. Quite enjoyed that, I'm actually managing to kill a few people, just need to keep my deaths down a bit.

How do the scores on conquest actually work? I know it's something to do with capture the flag but what are the scores that the teams have that count down from 999?

The large numbers are tickets. When you, or a member of your team die, the team loses a ticket. The team also loses tickets by letting the other team capture flags.

If the opposite team hold more that 50% of the flags in a game - your team "bleed" tickets.

Its a way of getting teams to engage each other. The maps are so large you could quite comfortably have 64 people sitting both sides of the map, not doing anything.

To win a game of conquest, your team needs to capture more flags than the enemy.

Theoretically, if your team captured 5 flags, but didn't kill anyone, but the enemy killed members of your team, you'd probably still win.

So, to summarise: kill lots, capture lots, try not to die much :)

The large numbers are tickets. When you, or a member of your team die, the team loses a ticket. The team also loses tickets by letting the other team capture flags.

If the opposite team hold more that 50% of the flags in a game - your team "bleed" tickets.

Its a way of getting teams to engage each other. The maps are so large you could quite comfortably have 64 people sitting both sides of the map, not doing anything.

To win a game of conquest, your team needs to capture more flags than the enemy.

Theoretically, if your team captured 5 flags, but didn't kill anyone, but the enemy killed members of your team, you'd probably still win.

I can't help the dying, I swear people only have to shoot me once but I have to shoot them ten times.

What was happening when I was throwing stuff onto the floor to you? How do I pick stuff up?

By the end then I think I was at least attempting to play the game right, much better than COD. I'll have to invest in a head set.

I can't help the dying, I swear people only have to shoot me once but I have to shoot them ten times.

What was happening when I was throwing stuff onto the floor to you? How do I pick stuff up?

By the end then I think I was at least attempting to play the game right, much better than COD. I'll have to invest in a head set.

I just use the free head set, its fine.

You were throwing me health! :)

You were playing as assault class. They can revive people with defibrillators, throw health on the floor to heal injured team mates or use a series of weapon attachments on top of their main weapons such as grenade launchers and shotguns.

There are three other classes;

Support - they give ammo to team mates, they use LMGs and use c4 or air bursts. I'll tell you about air bursts later.

Recon class - sort of like snipers. They use sniper rifles and are good for giving intel to team mates using equipment such as tugs. Tugs are like motion sensors that tell you where enemies are via the mini map - providing the enemy are moving. The MAV which is a mobile tugs that you can fly around the map.

Engineer class - these guys use pdws. Pdws are close range weapons. They have high damage output but are abysmally inaccurate at range and their bullets dont hurt much at range. To use pdws, you need to get close to the enemy. Engineers main job is to repair friendly vehicles and kill enemy tanks, buggies, boats and air vehicles. They are the only class to have rpgs of differing types.

I think the important thing is that the whole game is a complex version of rock, paper, scissors.

The weapons all have similar damage models.

If your gun shoots around 600-700 rounds per minute. Its probably to either 25 or 34 damage per bullet within 8 metres.

Anything shooting over 650 rounds per minute will do 25 damage up to 8 meters.

After 8 meters, the damage drops off to a minimum of 16.5.

So basically, the further away from a target you are, the more bullets it will take to kill them.

Pdws are good close range.

LMGs are good at medium to long range.

Assault rifles are good at close to medium range.

Recon rifles are good at long range.

Carbines can be used by any class. They are jack of all trades guns. I use them a lot. Good at close to medium range, but not as good as assault rifles. The bonus with using one is that they can be used by all classes so recons use them to create a spec ops class.

DMR rifles are semi automatic rifles. They all do 34 max damage per shot. They're quite difficult to use. Good at medium to long range.

Ignore that. Ak12 is shit :lol: its accurate because its got a slow rate of fire. But it only does 25 damage. So in close range almost everything beats it.

Use the scar h.

Its difficult to use because it only has 21 bullets in a clip, not 30. But it does 34 damage.

So it does the same rate of fire, just as accurate, more damage at all ranges.

Just make sure you reload when you're not in a gun fight.

Another good tip is to fire in bursts of 3-6 bullets. You'll maintain accuracy much easier.

Also. Hip fire when someone is right up close. You waste time aiming down sights. Just spray and pray

Â