Website ideas you wish you had thought of

tonyh29

Don't think it's been done

So how about websites that you stumble across that are just stunningly pointless and so simple that you wish you had thought of it

So to start the thread rolling I give you plane journey lavatory self portraits

http://www.sadanduseless.com/2012/04/lavatory-self-portraits/

Simple and yet brilliant

Let's see your entries

Me and my mate were actually going to try and start up our own little justeat style website, we were going to scan menus and load them onto the website give our own reviews and have a section for other people to leave reviews as well.

Just eat came out about 2 months and scuppered our plans.

I still think it would be nice on just eat and them kinds of sites if they actually scanned the menu so you could see it

Me and my mate were actually going to try and start up our own little justeat style website, we were going to scan menus and load them onto the website give our own reviews and have a section for other people to leave reviews as well.

Just eat came out about 2 months and scuppered our plans.

I still think it would be nice on just eat and them kinds of sites if they actually scanned the menu so you could see it

Bummer..my mate did something similar ( cant rem exactly what it was now ) spent ages on a web page etc and someone else beat him to it as it turned out

CrackpotForeigner, on 04 Oct 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

AVFCforever1991, on 04 Oct 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

CrackpotForeigner, on 04 Oct 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Google. Obvious, really.

Google isn't pointless :P

Oh yeah. I may have misunderstood the brief slightly.

That People of WallMart thing then.

is this the one you are talking about Willis

http://www.infinitecat.com/

The infinite cat project.  It started off as a picture of a cat (called Frankie) looking at a flower.  Then the same person uploaded a picture of Frankie looking at a picture of Frankie looking at a flower.  Then somebody sent a picture of their cat (Poozy) looking at a picture of Frankie looking at a picture of a flower.  

ckQCmf4.jpg

Repeat ad infinitum and you've got yourself a website. They are over 1750 cats now. 

2jbQXdx.jpg

It's also interesting to see the evolution of people's computers.  The early photos are all of ancient CRT monitors, now it's iPads and Laptops.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

Don't think it's been done

So how about websites that you stumble across that are just stunningly pointless and so simple that you wish you had thought of it

So to start the thread rolling I give you plane journey lavatory self portraits

http://www.sadanduseless.com/2012/04/lavatory-self-portraits/

Simple and yet brilliant

Let's see your entries

I feel sorry for the 10 other people who were waiting to use the toilet...

I don't wish I thought of Facebook, but...

...there was another computer science student in his dorm at a university in Massachusetts in late 2003 who was hacking up a social network in PHP.

(mine was somewhat closer in vision to Google+).

Just sayin'...

• Like 2

I don't wish I thought of Facebook, but...

...there was another computer science student in his dorm at a university in Massachusetts in late 2003 who was hacking up a social network in PHP.

(mine was somewhat closer in vision to Google+).

Just sayin'...

Levi Winklevoss the 3rd brother :)

Do you have any screen shots of what it was like , or was it just at the idea stage ?

Â