Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'lerner'.
Found 2 results
Proposal for fan takeover and ownership of AVFC Lerner should walk away now with some semblance of dignity left (lol) and sell the club to the fans for £1 and forgive the debt. You came, you tried, you’ve failed more miserably than anyone could even conceive of, now for the love of God get lost. Campaign for Ellis to give back what he sold the club for. He claims to be the biggest Villa fan in the world, well prove it. Please stay with me here: Here are the economics: August 2006 Ellis sells for £63 million. If he had got a very modest 5% interest per year since then he would now have £100.15 million. If his financial planner was average he probably has done much better than that. So Mr. Ellis. We don’t want any of the money you made off the sale of AVFC, you and your family keep the minimum of £40 million you’ve made since you sold us. We just want back what you paid for us because you are “Mr. Aston Villa.’ £63 million to the club. 25,000 season ticket holders (or regular game attending fans) buy 1 ‘A’ share (voting share) for £1,000.00 With this purchase comes voting on the running of the club and includes a 20% discount on your season ticket for 3 years with prices frozen for 3 years. We have approximately 300,000 worldwide fans. Estimate 100,000 of them buy a ‘B’ share (non-voting) for £250. Own a piece of the club and help save it from the current imbecile who runs us. Fans now own 51% of the club and they can never own less than this. The remaining 49% could be sold off in the future to raise capital if needed - hopefully that would never be needed. This would give us: £63 million from Ellis £25 million from season ticket holders £25 million from sales of ‘B’ shares £55 million from parachute payments (1st season) £45 million parachute payments (2nd season) £20 million parachute payments (3rd season) Season 1 would see £168 million in the bank for a complete rebuild of the squad with the aim to get back to the Premier League within 2 seasons. I’m not a financial person I’m just so depressed that I had to write down some sort of escape plan. Now please in good old VT fashion, go ahead and rip the idea apart and show how it could never work. This is just my amateur idea. Has anyone else got any hope of how a fan takeover could happen?