Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I don't go with this Lowton at right midfield idea. We shouldn't be changing our ways just to squeeze players into the team. If Bacuna came in and did well in that position then he stays in for me. Let Lowton battle for his place like Bennett and Sylla are having to.

Lowton playing right midfield would probably have a knock on effect on Weimann, which would be wrong.

Yes Im sure Lowton will be back. He's too good not to be but its good to have competition for places. Bacuna can play in a number of positions.

• Like 1

I thought Bacuna had a great game. Looks as though he is quite comfortable playing any role on the right. Long may it continue. Lowton is quite a talent and I hope the two players can push each other. I think Bacuna closed down his opposition well and, in turn, it helped the defenders on the inside of him.

Give all the new players time and I really think we will develop a decent squad of players. I like the idea of Lowton at right back and Bacuna on the wing, especially at home where the 4-3-3 hasn't been as successful, get crosses coming in for Benteke and Kozak to feast upon

The thing which ML provides is 1) A very useful overlap 2) an excellent cross 3) a good eye for an interception.

Saying that Bacuna was tops yesterday. That whiny little word removed Redmond didn't have a clue how to get past him.

MOM today for me.

I really like him and Sylla, i think they both could develop into very good central midfield partnership.

Think Bacuna should stick to full-back. By far his best position. 

• Like 1

I've seen nothing in Bacuna that tells me he is anything other than terrible. He can take a set piece it seems but nothing else. 

He can't actually play football from what i can see. constantly hoofing it and unable to pass or control a ball. 

He has a first touch worse than Jimmy Saville.

Having said that, great free kick so I am willing to eat humble pie if proved wrong long term, but i don't see a premier league footballer.

Lowton didn't seem too overjoyed at the final whistle. Think he's just realised he's lost his first team spot

Well he needs to respond in the right way, personally I think Lowton is the one with more ability and potential in the position, I just hope he doesn't sulk about this but uses it to drive him on.

Would'nt disagree at the moment, but i think long term his position will be central midfield.

Looks like he lacks the quality on the ball to be a good CM at this level. Full-back allows him to utilise his strengths.