Formula One - 2013

BOF

Thoughts on
the new season: Last year Red bull took awhile to get going, they wont this
year so that’s not good for the 'Drama'.

McLaren had the fastest car at a lot of the races last year so should be there or thereabouts this year. The problem is McLaren have lost Hamilton which means they'll have no idea how fast their car really is. If you looked at Lewis in the last few races you'd think McLaren are right there, if you look at Button you'd say the car is struggling, I base this manly on qualifying and ignoring Buttons gift of a Brazilian win, I cant help thinking when the best McLaren can manage is P6 and they are spending millions on 'new bits' that there will be people in then team wondering if its just the drivers fault and not the car. I also think McLaren hired Perez because of his ability to save tyres, they now have two drivers who can manage tyres consistently and they can now develop in that direction. The problem with this is I reckon they won’t qualify high, but will hope to move through the field, that’s a risky strategy.

Ferrari: just give Alonso a fast car FFS!! Not even the fastest, just faster than last year. Oh and Massayou're bald mate, get over it.

Merc: cant wait to see what Lewis does, guaranteed to bring 6 tenths but they already had a high tyre wear problem and he aint going to help that, also they have so many technical people that used to be tech directors I cant see how there is a clear vision for the car.

Lotus: new car looks like the old one which I think is a good thing also it is meant tohave that clever air system that they couldn't get to work last season, I think they will pretty much do what they did last year but if kimi can improve qualifying you never know...

The others: who doesn’t want Williams back near the top?? Hopefully they make another step forward and I think Bottas will shine.  The rest mean nothing to anyone.. But if the no hopers at the back start beating the odd team in front that could be interesting

Edited by hawkinsk11

I've decided I'm not running the 2013 fantasy competition. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy the season without wishing ill on drivers that aren't in my fantasy team :)

Most seem to have been able to design the stepnose out of their cars for this season which is a bit of a relief. I like the straight lines of the Ferrari even though it makes the car look a bit simplistic. No doubt it'll be fast though.

That purple on the Red Bull looks out of place and ruins the overall look of the car. Have to say that Sauber looks very nice although it reminds me of the 2010 HRT. Once again Mercedes have produced a beauty of a car, but I doubt they have managed to sort out all the problems the car has underneath the body work.

I thought it was just a bad picture but no, these ones have it too.

red-bull-rb9-2013-3-886x604.jpg

red-bull-rb9-2013-1-886x624.jpg

Thar be purple in them there sidepods and vanes. It is slightly odd.

Wife has bought me a ticket for the British GP, can't wait.

I'll be in the general public...

As much as I am looking forward to it (never been before) what can I expect? Is it worth getting there early or take some of my own food? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Â