Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

I don't think we will get relegated because

a) Lerner would have no choice but to pump money in at January regardless if we were in with a chance of relegation. He's not stupid, relegation would not be in his plan, whatever it is.

B) Lamberts too good

c) Wehave Given, Vlaar and Bent, none of the teams in the relegation battle have anywhere near this quality in any of their individuals

a) Lerner would have no choice but to pump money in at January regardless if we were in with a chance of relegation. He's not stupid, relegation would not be in his plan, whatever it is.

B) Lamberts too good

c) Wehave Given, Vlaar and Bent, none of the teams in the relegation battle have anywhere near this quality in any of their individuals

Ok good points but what if all three players got injured?

Mods close this thread if you must

I suggest we go ahead with this suggestion

I also suggest you close your eyes and put your hands over your ears for the next few months.

Things are so much difference to last season aren't they?

B) Lamberts too good

Ok good points but what if all three players got injured?

What if our whole team passed away because granny Flo put some salmonella in their food at Bodymoor? If all 3 players got injured, maybe I would change my mind, but until that situation arises we should not give it anymore thought.

Plus, if all 3 got inured, I imagine point A) would be activated.

Think its very premature to make this thread citing the squad as your main concern when the transfer window isn't even closed yet.

We know Lambert is trying to sell Warnock and Hutton. We know he is looking for new players which will almost definitely include a Lb and a winger/striker.

Hmmm.

Everybody seems to have slammed the original post in this thread, Im not so sure why?

Whilst I think we will survive this year, relegation is certainly a possibility. We dont have nearly enough quality in our squad to be assured of anything this season.

I like Lambert and think he will do well here, but the guy needs to be backed. We have a serious lack of class in our side at the moment.

One game in and the relegation thread is out already. 1000 pages before January?

west hams fans said the same thing not long ago,after we beat them first game of the year!

I think you're just looking for any chance to moan. Doom and gloom squad out in force.

I love my club, just wish half the fans were normal and not in need of a check up from the neck up. Positivity is what's needed, if fans are positive and urging them on they'll believe they can win - I'm a massive believer in this.

I was so gutted yesterday, but now I've woke up am feeling more positive, yes the attacking intent was worrying, but at least we can keep the ball this season where as last we couldn't make a 10 yard pass. I've woke up feeling that perhaps lambert is waiting to see how we start for real before closing a couple of deals that he may be thinking are nice but not essential, hopefully he now sees they are essential.

Would love to see this thread locked, burnt and never resurrected ????.