Stan Petrov

LondonLax

It was probably started by casual fans who hardly ever go and got cheap tickets for the Malaga game.

Once the ground is full of real fans then it will probably stop.

I did not join in as to do so would just be condoning those that did.

The tickets weren't even cheap for what it was. 

I don't know what people expect.

The club aren't going to come out and ban us from clapping in the 19th minute.

They've stopped encouraging it which is what we all thought would happen.

But fans have been doing it EVERY game for the past what... 50 games probably?

Did people really think it was just going to completely stop the first time it's not encouraged? It'll fizzle out.

Let it fizzle out, stop stressing over nothing. It doesn't make us look bad one way or another.

Edited by Stevo985

Have the club stopped promoting the 19th minute applause?

If so, then that's all they need to do.

As Stevo said really.

Coming out and discouraging it would be a public relations shit storm. The sun would be all over that like a fat chick at Toby Carbery.

I find it hilarious the way nearly every villa fan says WE HAVE TO STOP blah blah blah then ends up joining in with it  :D

tbf, I do the exact same. Last week i refused to clap, but then i just felt like a right word removed in front of everyone else so i became a sheep and followed the crowd.

It needs to stop because he has said so himself, getting beyond embarrasing... It would probably nice for stan to relax a bit instead of thinking about every 19th minute and the crowd getting distracted from the game. A fantastic football gesture that simply needs to end one day. Hopefully at Arsenal will be the start for Stan and his family.

I'm glad he's come out and said this. It needs to stop. Not for any cynical reason but simply because 1) it would dilute the original gesture and 2) it will not help the man who it is for if he wants to move on with his life.

I did here Steve Froggat say on WM - That if your playing career is cut short by Injury\ill health - Staying involved isn't always the best option - its sort of a constant reminder of what you're not able to do - Stan Himself said he was devastated when he was told he wouldn't play again.

I don't actually think he will return. Probably for the best - because of the tragic circumstances surrounding his appointment he would be pretty much unsackable.....what happens if he turned out not to be a good U21 coach ? - The club would be face a massive dilemma....

Think some kind match should played in support of his foundation (i know  Celtic did one) 

If he turns out to be no good at the role, he gets managed out of the business. It happens in almost every walk of life and every workplace, football included.

I am sad that he feels he needs 6 months more, but happy to give it to him personally. Get better Stan, we love you.

Â