PL: Man Utd a Match Thread 2009/12/12 17:30

limpid

My head says that we should go there and play a 4-5-1 with Milner playing in the hole behind Gabby. However, my heart says that we should just go there and go at them from the off.

They haven't got Ronaldo anymore. Giggs isn't the flying winger he once was. Scholes isn't the commanding figure in the middle like he used to be. I would love us to just go there and play the same line-up we put out yesterday and try to push them back on their own turf. We have enough talent in our attacking 5 to get enough goals to win against this current Utd team. I usually look at this fixture as damage limitation but I seriously think we will get at least a point next week, maybe all 3 if the players have the self-belief!

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to take the same sort of approach Sunderland took against the glory hunters when they got a draw (should have won) a couple of months ago. They didn't sit back trying to defend like so many teams do when they do to Old Trafford because it doesn't work... they worked their socks off and were not afraid to have a real go at them playing attacking football and it paid off. It's vital we take that sort of approach because it's all or nothing when you play Man United at Man United but of course, it's still going to be very difficult but I'm hoping for a draw.

...............Friedel

Young Dunne Cuellar Warnock

.........Petrov...NRC

Young.....Milner......Downing

............Gabby

Stop them playing first and foremost. We have more than enough going forward anyway, and we can still go at them with this side- as was proved against Arsenal at home last year. Big John probably as opposed to Heskey for impact purposes (which is harsh), or even Gabby with that sort of quality ball coming into the box.

Play this team and i'll go for a 2-1 win and be quietly confident. I think we might not have enough protection if we keep the same team, and we wouldn't be able to change it if things aren't going well...but we would still have plenty going forwards. 3-2 united like last year in that case.

...............Friedel

Young Dunne Cuellar Warnock

.........Petrov...NRC

Young.....Milner......Downing

............Gabby

Stop them playing first and foremost. We have more than enough going forward anyway, and we can still go at them with this side- as was proved against Arsenal at home last year. Big John probably as opposed to Heskey for impact purposes (which is harsh), or even Gabby with that sort of quality ball coming into the box.

Play this team and i'll go for a 2-1 win and be quietly confident. I think we might not have enough protection if we keep the same team, and we wouldn't be able to change it if things aren't going well...but we would still have plenty going forwards. 3-2 united like last year in that case.

I would start with this team as well, I would perhaps consider one change and that would be........Heskey for Gabby. Why? Think Heskey brings our midfield players into the game more than Gabby who tends to stretch play with his speed, leaving our midfield unable to support him.

Reckon we will score first and the game will end up a draw. 2-2. This is a big game for Milner, especially if he starts in the middle, he can show the world how good he is.

I'd be leaning more towards two DM than two strikers, not to sit back but to stop them playing and hopefully have a bit of the ball, although I wouldn't be dissapointed if he left it the same - it would show intent. Seems as good a time to play them as any.

I don't think we are physiclly allowed to Man Ure.

I want it more than I've ever wanted any victory, with the addition of the game being on my 25th birthday!

Come on the Villa.

Let's stick with the same team, play to our strength and not fear them and show them too much respect by camping in our own half.

I wonder if we will ever get over the problem of Old Trafford.

Its not just us, Spurs and Blackburn off the top of my head just dont do anything there regardless of form. We're usually the same, has to end some time why not next week?

Spurs haven't won away at any of the big four since 1993, we aren't quite as pathetic as them at least.

Let's stick with the same team, play to our strength and not fear them and show them too much respect by camping in our own half.

No chance of that I think we've done that against every top team this season after taking the lead.

Not that anytime is a good time to go to OT but i really fancy us on sat...

They are carrying a few knocks and If we can keep playing like that and get a bit of luck on the way then who knows!..

will be havin a few quid on us @ 6's...

Paul Scholes is banned for this game as he picked up a 5th yellow at West Ham yesterday.

8)

I'd go 4-5-1/4-3-3 with;

Friedel

Luke Young

Warnock

Cuellar

Dunne

Reo-Coker

Petrov

Milner

Downign

Ashley Young

Gabby

Mind you i've said this for the last 4 games and we've played 4-4-2 in each of those, won 2, drawn 2 and scored 10 goals so what do i know.

I'd love it so much if we beat United, it's been such a long time in the making. I've just got a feeling that without scholes in their midfield a five including Reo-Coker could really put pressure on them.

With the number of injuries they have it's a great time to play them, although they'll have been boosted by the fact they're now only 2 points behind Chelsea. I wonder whether Fergie's going to give him big names a rest for their CL match in midweek?

Not that anytime is a good time to go to OT but i really fancy us on sat...

They are carrying a few knocks and If we can keep playing like that and get a bit of luck on the way then who knows!..

will be havin a few quid on us @ 6's...

Paul Scholes is banned for this game as he picked up a 5th yellow at West Ham yesterday.

8)

If true that is the best news I have heard all day shame Giggs isn't out as well