$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I have two questions, which are by no means any sorts of personal attacks on people, I'm just hoping for a little bit of clarification.

Mendi: People who have access to information on multi million dollar corporate deals generally have a some sort of business schooling, usually from a very highly regarded University. If you are passing information on that you genuinely believe is true, what makes you qualified to 'receive' this information? I realise you wouldn't want to give away a 'source', but why do you personally seemingly have access to top secret business dealings?

Kwan: I know you are a highly respected poster, and I have zero doubts about your credibility. I have been following this thread since page one, and have even tried to provide factual information where I have seen fit (a hundred pages or so back now), but I must have missed a few pages where you made some sort of reveal. Would you, or someone else mind letting me know what information you made available? I saw a couple of posts back that you ruled out certain people, but did you ever hint at a particular person being in the running to take over?

I realise I do not have a high post count (I have been a long time lurker), and I do not want to come across as rude, as it sincerely is not my intention. Like I said, I was just hoping for clarification on the above two questions.

Lads, stop giving him such a hard time. He's expressing his right to free speech, as enshrined in the the First Amendiment.

As are those calling bullshit on his claims.

• Like 1

I have two questions, which are by no means any sorts of personal attacks on people, I'm just hoping for a little bit of clarification.

Mendi: People who have access to information on multi million dollar corporate deals generally have a some sort of business schooling, usually from a very highly regarded University. If you are passing information on that you genuinely believe is true, what makes you qualified to 'receive' this information? I realise you wouldn't want to give away a 'source', but why do you personally seemingly have access to top secret business dealings?

Kwan: I know you are a highly respected poster, and I have zero doubts about your credibility. I have been following this thread since page one, and have even tried to provide factual information where I have seen fit (a hundred pages or so back now), but I must have missed a few pages where you made some sort of reveal. Would you, or someone else mind letting me know what information you made available? I saw a couple of posts back that you ruled out certain people, but did you ever hint at a particular person being in the running to take over?

I realise I do not have a high post count (I have been a long time lurker), and I do not want to come across as rude, as it sincerely is not my intention. Like I said, I was just hoping for clarification on the above two questions.

I think kwan hinted it was an American who currently runs his team in America well but they've not been very successful recently.

• Like 1

I think kwan hinted it was an American who currently runs his team in America well but they've not been very successful recently.

Cool, thanks for the update.

No Kwantry for old Mendi

Which bit of "On topic please, punsters" didn't you see, granto?

I didn't see any, our posts were at the same time! OK. It was a good one, as well.

• Like 3

So if Kwan's right, and of course I don't know if he is or not, if you take look at every major US sports team and who owns them then your likely to come across the guy who is going to buy us. Can it be narrowed down to what sport his current team compete in?

Edited by useless

So if Kwan's right, and of course I don't know if he is or not, if you take look at every major sports team and who owns them then your likely to come across the guy who is going to buy us. Can it be narrowed down to what sport is current team compete in?

Good point. My gut feeling is NFL owner, surely there's some American sports fans who can give us a list of well run teams who have under performed.

So if Kwan's right, and of course I don't know if he is or not, if you take look at every major sports team and who owns them then your likely to come across the guy who is going to buy us. Can it be narrowed down to what sport is current team compete in?

Good point. My gut feeling is NFL owner, surely there's some American sports fans who can give us a list of well run teams who have under performed.

Quick Google search gives me this from Nov last year - http://www.punditarena.com/uncategorized/pohalloran/seasons-five-underperforming-nfl-teams/

Not knowing anything about NFL doesn't make it particularly useful for me :/ Although the Houstan Texans are listed first, and our pre-season friendlies are in that region, as I'm sure every man and his dog is aware.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

Guess for the supposed news tomorrow...

After talks with Lerner both PL and PF will continue in their roles during the transition period of trying to sell the club.

Hence how the news will be fun for the papers, as most Villa fans will kick off.

Wont be any news of the new owners, as there are not any yet... regardless of all the ITK’s which seem to have endless knowledge of all the meetings happening.

• Like 2

Judging by the lack of any mention of PL since Friday by AVFC, my guess is something like "The club and Paul Lambert have parted ways. The first team will be overseen by Shay Given until a new manager is found."

The texans arent that well run.

Neither are the cowboys. Any others you want info on?

I hope I'm not treading old ground, as I did seemingly miss a bunch of posts. But if we are going to go in this direction of speculation (and why not, if not a repeat?), can you think of any well run NFL teams that have under achieved recently?

Ignore me, if all this has been covered before.

Quick Google search gives me this from Nov last year - http://www.punditarena.com/uncategorized/pohalloran/seasons-five-underperforming-nfl-teams/

Not knowing anything about NFL doesn't make it particularly useful for me :/ Although the Houstan Texans are listed first, and our pre-season friendlies are in that region, as I'm sure every man and his dog is aware.

I made the Houston connection too but Kwan did say also that it isn't anybody who had been mentioned in the thread so far and just looking on Wiki the only owner for a major sports in Houston that hasn't been mentioned on this thread is Leslie Lee Alexander who owns the Houston Rockets.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1