• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Second **** embarrassing defeat in 6 days, two games where we had the lead to then 'shoot ourselves in the foot' and concede eight goals. Stoke, I thought, was a one-off, but we proved today we can't defend for shit and can't ever finish (Benteke in particular) our **** dinner.

Lambert can **** off at the end of the season, Bacuna again forced to play at right-back, when everyone knows he is a winger. Who is the replacement Matthew Lowton lol, not surprised we are being forced to play LB there.

Westwood MOTM, world-class free kick and the stand-out player on the pitch alongside Marc Albrighton.

Edited by Avflife

I'm surprised by how many people are annoyed at this result to the point of the weekly "Lambert brilliant/out" calls.

I still think the guy is a talented young manager who is doing well with a cheap young squad on low wages. If you don't think he's the man for the job that's fair enough but I don't know who I would rather have and I think 1 more summer window and we're going to be looking at a strong team

• Like 1

I'm surprised by how many people are annoyed at this result to the point of the weekly "Lambert brilliant/out" calls.

I still think the guy is a talented young manager who is doing well with a cheap young squad on low wages. If you don't think he's the man for the job that's fair enough but I don't know who I would rather have and I think 1 more summer window and we're going to be looking at a strong team

I have never once this season said PL has been 'brilliant', he has done nothing to benefit Villa this season. Poor tactically, no motivational skills and no man-management skills either.

• Like 1

Bacuna again forced to play at right-back, when everyone knows he is a winger. Who is the replacement Matthew Lowton lol, not surprised we are being forced to play LB there.

Bacuna is a better right back than midfielder in my opinion. Matt Lowton would be the obvious replacement for him at right back, I'm not sure if I'm misreading you, but Lowton isn't a left back and never has been, he's a right back. 

• Like 1

Bacuna again forced to play at right-back, when everyone knows he is a winger. Who is the replacement Matthew Lowton lol, not surprised we are being forced to play LB there.

Bacuna is a better right back than midfielder in my opinion. Matt Lowton would be the obvious replacement for him at right back, I'm not sure if I'm misreading you, but Lowton isn't a left back and never has been, he's a right back. 

LB = Leandro Bacuna, he will get dropped for being forced to over a position he is not clearly capable of playing in. I've counted 5 mistakes he has made this season after being forced to play at right-back. Matthew Lowton can stay on the bench, he is even worst at right-back than Bacuna. 

We have no choice but to play LB there.

LB = Leandro Bacuna, he will get dropped for being forced to over a position he is not clearly capable of playing in. I've counted 5 mistakes he has made this season after being forced to play at right-back. Matthew Lowton can stay on the bench, he is even worst at right-back than Bacuna. 

Ah, gotcha - that makes a lot more sense! I don't agree with you, I think Bacuna is our best right back and I think his football future is there, but it makes a lot more sense than my first reading of it; sorry!

A lot of people seem to think Rooney is massively overhyped, but you give him as much room as we did in the penalty area and only one thing is going to happen.

Honestly, if you stuck me in the penalty area with that much room I would have scored

• Like 1

I'm really perplexed by a lot of the reactions on here. Terrible result but aside from some bad defending that was a pretty decent performance. May have been the same scoreline as last week but a completely different performance.

No doubt I'll get slaughtered for not thinking in black and white.

But...But... Lambert out. Worst Villa team ever....

Agreed

Ah, gotcha - that makes a lot more sense! I don't agree with you, I think Bacuna is our best right back and I think his football future is there, but it makes a lot more sense than my first reading of it; sorry!

Bacuna shouldn't have to be our best right-back though, he is a CM or RW. Lambert should of went out and brought someone when Lowton had been playing as bad as he was before the January window closed. Now we are forced to play him LB there.

I'm really perplexed by a lot of the reactions on here. Terrible result but aside from some bad defending that was a pretty decent performance. May have been the same scoreline as last week but a completely different performance.

Yes we scored a good goal and created chances but there were too many  players who just didn't turn up to say it was a decent performance. Westwood was outstanding though! We were far too open. I think it was very niave of Lambert to go on with only two central midfield players.

Edited by PaulC

"Pretty decent performance "

You are deluded and in denial.

That my friend was thoroughly shit.

• Like 3

I think Vlaar was at fault for the first goal. Clark was dropping off into covering the left back space. Rooney went in between them and no one picked him up. As the play was Vlaar's side, he should have been dropping and Bacuna coming infield.

• Like 2

Sick of all the blah blah about "It's the players' fault NO, It's the manager's fault".

We don't have enough good players. We need to spend some money and buy some more. Just two properly good ones and we'll have a decent side. It will make a huge difference.

• Like 2

There's no need to be shocked at our team of cheap buys losing to a team with Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, De Gea, Fellaini etc in it. It's a shame we couldn't capitalise on their recent poor form but let's not forget, they're better than us. They have players who will put half chances away, we have players who will miss big chances half the time. As time goes on hopefully we can trade up to better players but as of now we are where we are.

Â