Libor Kozák

samjp26

not sure why everyone has somehow figured out how good Kozak is or isn't when he's only had eight starts for the club, scored 4 goals but if you post that you get endless reasons why scoring those four goals was secretly a bad thing and why his career before he was at Villa proves he was crap.

Gestede written off also, despite scoring goals, and the main reason he stopped scoring was we stopped crossing the ball and he can't do anything else but win headers.

Not saying either are good or crap, but blimey i'd like to give them a bit more time and in side that's been managed a bit better before I start pretending i'm an expert on either.

8 starts should be enough to get a decent handle on a players attributes, though form is something else entirely.

I'm floating my own boat a little here but Ayew is a recent example. Despite his poor performance I thought it was clear what those attributes are. A great first touch, neat close control, quick turn of pace and decent aerially. His shooting seems up to scratch too. However he holds on to the ball too long, is positionally inconsistent and has a very short passing range. Despite an astonishing work rate his fitness can be questioned.

I kinda clicked on to all of that within 3/4 games. If I were the coaching team I'd have them pinging balls at Kozak all day long, from a multitude of angles and heights. Try and beat a first touch in to him. It's true also that he is nothing like Gestede or Ayew, so he's almost certainly of value.

3 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Big rumours of Libor heading to SHA!!  Wtf? Playing in front of Garde today in a friendly, let's hope he impresses and gets back into the match day squad. 

How he is not in it before Gestede and Agcraplabor is beyond me.  Not saying he is great by any stretch of the imagination by the way.

5-2 to villa. 

First team players feature in Bodymoor match.

Adama Traore, Libor Kozak and Charles N'Zogbia all played 90 minutes as Villa ran out comfortable winners over Fleetwood Town in a behind-closed-doors match at Bodymoor Heath.

Defender Jores Okore also stepped up his return from a long-term knee injury while Philippe Senderos also featured for the full match.

U21 skipper Jordan Lyden put the hosts in control with two well-taken strikes from the edge of the penalty area.

Kieran Dunbar reduced the deficit before the break.

Adama Traore restored Villa's two-goal advantage before a penalty from Fleetwood's Vamara Sanogo made it 3-2.

In the end, the claret and blues' quality and experience shone through as goals from N'Zogbia and the impressive Traore secured a comprehensive win.

There was also a useful workout for midfielder Gary Gardner.

Villa: Bunn, Webb, Okore, Senderos, Kinsella, Traore, Lyden, Gardner, Hayes, N'Zogbia, Kozak

Strong lineup.  No goals for Kozak, couple for Adama though. Surely Adama will make the squad for Watford!? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

what does he offer decent? the match report doesnt even mention anything. Nzogbia, Gardner and Traore only one getting positive reviews from senior players

Basically what Gestede does, except Kozak doesn't need the ball served up on a golden plate to score. Kozak actually makes runs and is decent with the ball at his feet. Gestede is entirely too one dimensional. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Kozaks 4 goals for us were all served up on a golden platter for him. 

And he's rarely looked decent with the ball at his feet.

In fairness that can equally apply to most of our players re ball at the feet. We have very few who look comfortable at this level.

Regarding the second point well, If they were any better (i.e create things for themselves) they wouldn't be at this club. Simple as that.

He didn't score but we got 5 goals and for all we know he could of been involved in all 5 goals.  I hope he impressed Remi because we need a decent striker for Ayew to play off, guess we'll see on Saturday if he's in the squad or if he goes on loan before Thursday.

Not a big fan but it is getting to the point where you've got to ask why isn't he getting a chance. We really struggle getting the ball to stick once we get it up the pitch and whilst Gestede has the physicality to hold it up he can also trap a ball further than I can kick it, Kozak seems like he'd be a good balance between the two.

Â