Rocket League

hogso

• 4 weeks later...

Inbound shortly, season 2 will reset the leaderboards and season 1 rankings. It will also do away with the old rating system. You'll need to play 10 ranked matches to determine your division, and then you'll go up or down depending on how consistantly good/bad you are - you won't drop x points and then drop down a division when you loose a couple in a row, for example. Once this drops there will more than likely be new about new DLC and maps, what with the Xbone version due next month too.

• 2 weeks later...

Utopia is a good pitch, underpass looks very similar to galleon without the mast in the middle which does mix things up nicely, but that double goal thing looks horrible 

Good man, put up your PSN, we need to get some rocket league nights going again. 

Season 2 should start very soon, probably next week, which would be a great time to start some ranked play. 

Maybe it's other players have got better at the rank you're playing at? That's the way I see it. It'll be mixed up again come the seasonal reset - which should be next week. I don't move on ranked play at all anymore, I'll go up a few points, then down a few points with each win and loss. I'll finish at Gold III for everything except 1v1 which is Gold II, happy with that. I'm not a patch on the Plat players and wouldn't ever get there, I don't think. And with what would be considered the 'moderate' players being better than ever, I'll struggle to reach the gold standard in season 2.

I watched the Pro League and Mik3Rules' stream on Twitch last night. The Pro League is two 6 team leagues, one for NA and one for EU, made up of most of the very best players in the world. The quality on display is unreal. I try and use some of the tactics they employ, but I can never ever get things to stick. My dribbling and wall play have improved, but my aerials are still way off. I played with/against Mik3Rules a few times on SARP, and he does the same thing on RL he did on that - plays with an ease that fools you in to thinking he's merely very good at the game, then does some insane shit out of nowhere and makes it look as simple as hitting the ball from a kick off. Almost certainly the best player in the world.

Edited by hogso

I'm having a serious problem with input lag. Ever since I started playing on the PC as well the PS4 version is almost unplayable, I can't even hit a ball at times. On the PC there is no input lag whatsoever with my DS4 but when I use it on the PS4 I notice it straight away. There's got to be a way to fix this.

Supposedly it's because of the TV and the monitor would have a lot less input lag. I'll test it out on the monitor later.

Edited by villarule123

Â