Manchester United

BOF

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho has only won 1 more league title than Van Gaal in his career and he studied under him

He's been around longer and most of them were at Ajax wern't they.

Edited by PaulC

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Steve McLaren won the league in Holland with Twente so hardly an achievement!!

Mourinho would get more out this Utd team than Van Gaal but both play not to lose first.

Does the fact that Steve McLaren did something mean that it's automatically not an achievement?

Winning the league with Twente was pretty impressive, no matter what else you think of him. 

• Like 3

I am not denying it was impressive as was winning the League Cup with Boro and taking them to a UEFA Cup Final.

I am talking about the here and now as I see it Mourinho would be a better bet than Van Gaal for Utd.

i hope whoever is in charge fails miserably though as I want them failing like Liverpool every year!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I am not denying it was impressive as was winning the League Cup with Boro and taking them to a UEFA Cup Final.

I am talking about the here and now as I see it Mourinho would be a better bet than Van Gaal for Utd.

i hope whoever is in charge fails miserably though as I want them failing like Liverpool every year!!

Amen to that. 

When LVG is sacked, I'd like to see them give Giggs a shot at the job. But they probably won't...Mourinho or Pep will get the job, and the fans will still be unhappy with negative football. 

Just watched Life of Ryan on Netflix. Interesting viewing...Giggs is a likable guy, a bit of a head in the clouds type character that I can't help but root for as a manager. I think he might be a bit of a soft touch though as a manager of top pros. 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Just watched Life of Ryan on Netflix. Interesting viewing...Giggs is a likable guy, a bit of a head in the clouds type character that I can't help but root for as a manager. I think he might be a bit of a soft touch though as a manager of top pros. 

he played under Ferguson and with Keane, Bruce, Schmeichel etc. Im sure Giggs could take care of himself

38 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think him going to City has been on the cards for yonks so Utd had no chance.  

Yeah maybe. I think if it was a straight choice between UTD and City he'd maybe have chosen UTD

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't. Isn't he like really close to Soriano and the other guy at City?

Mate I really don't know about any personal connections, I just think UTD are the bigger club

Â