Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

ive had it before. thing is there is no such thing as being racist to a white person and it pisses me off. another thing if you did attack him you would of been had for a racist attack more than likely.

I have genuinely heard several people from ethnic minority groups say 'how can i be racist?...I'm black/asian/chinese etc.

I just shake my head in disbelief

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Guy at work the other day having a conversation on his Apple watch. What a word removed.

or that the rest of you are that dull he'd rather talk to a watch :) 

• Like 2

I've managed to severely hurt my ankle running for the bus tonight. Can't really walk, can't stand properly, can't really move my foot much.

But the thing that pisses me off is I'm so concerned about having time of work I've flagged it up with my boss already, saying I'm off to to a&e in the morning if it's no better, and I'm worrying about not being able to get in to work and that reflecting badly on me.

Which is ridiculous because I honestly can't walk properly. I'm hoping it's just a sprain or bruising.

Something that pisses me off that should 

solicitors fees for a house move, they've sent us our "legal pack" which breaks the price down and on there is

"proof of I.D. Transfer  - £10 per person"

so £20 to photocopy our driving license. 

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Something that pisses me off that should 

solicitors fees for a house move, they've sent us our "legal pack" which breaks the price down and on there is

"proof of I.D. Transfer  - £10 per person"

so £20 to photocopy our driving license. 

Conveyancing doesn't make money so they try to bump it up wherever they can. Blame the fact everyone hates paying solicitors fees when moving house so the race to the bottom happened.

Of course that also means everyone's having their house purchase legals done by someone who is fairly low ranking and also having to rush...

• Like 1

Well the solicitor were using has quoted us £1076 of which (according to the breakdown) £450 is for the land registry fee and money transfer fee etc, so the actuall solicitor is earning the thick end of £600 for a few hours work.

54 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Well the solicitor were using has quoted us £1076 of which (according to the breakdown) £450 is for the land registry fee and money transfer fee etc, so the actuall solicitor is earning the thick end of £600 for a few hours work.

I'm not sure of the going rates for conveyancing at the moment so can't tell you whether that's expensive or cheap, what I can say is from the point of view of the solicitor, he could probably earn more, comparative to the effort, time, stress, pressure and risk involved in a residential conveyance, doing more or less anything else. If he makes a mistake, and you find this out, it'll cost him far more than he earnt doing the work in insurance premiums over the next 6 years.

Like I said, conveyancing doesn't make much for solicitors because it's seen as an annoyance for their clients and everyone expects their solicitor to be able to do it, and most will, so the price goes through the floor and it becomes a stack it high sell it cheap service. And then it gets done by cheaper staff, mistakes happen and then someone's house isn't worth half what they paid for it...

Had pain in my lower left abdomen since Monday night and I haven't been able to take a proper dump. A quick google has told me I'm either completely **** and need to get my will drawn up or constipated, ever the optimist I'm treating it as constipation. Suffered in silence yesterday but had enough today, asked the missus to get me something for it and she somehow managed to forget what she went out for and brought the nipper some clothes instead.

I've had enough of this shit

Companies whose websites you've visited emailing you marketing material when you haven't even given them your email address. It's happened twice in the last week - first when I was looking at some clothes online and then when I had a speculative look at some flights. How in the hell did they get my email address and why the **** do they think it's acceptable to start emailing me unsolicited marketing stuff?! It hasn't just been one email about what I was looking at either - I'm getting stuff every day now. I did not enter my email address at any point. I won't be buying anything from either site. That'll show them. clearings in the woods. 

Â