Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 12/02/2016 at 16:32, tonyh29 said:

I'm actually curious about this type of footage that goes viral .. I mean Ronnie Pickering presumably didn't consent to be humiliated by the internet, could he sue the owner of the video who posted it  without his consent  ? The  data protection doesn't protect you from an individual (I think)  but what about all the newspapers , social media sites that hosted and shared it  .. what about article 8 of  the European Convention of Human rights ?

What could Mr Pickering sue the person for? Mr Pickering told us who he was and what he was - over and over again.

As you say, the DPA has nothing to do with individuals filming/photographing other individuals in public going about their normal business. As far as article 8 of  the European Convention of Human rights is concerned, Mr Pickering rather gave up any reasonable expectation of a right to privacy by demanding that the person(s) in front of him know who he was.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People who stand at pedestrian crossings and hold the button until the light changes.  It doesn't make them change any quicker at all.

It could be deaf blind people using the vibrate facility to tell them when it's safe to cross, you heartless bastard.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It could be deaf blind people using the vibrate facility to tell them when it's safe to cross, you heartless bastard.

pedant but that's underneath and is actually a rotating tactile knob  , where as the OP clearly said "Button"  :P

• Like 2

button

ˈbʌt(ə)n/

noun

a small disc or knob sewn on to a garment, either to fasten it by being pushed through a slit made for the purpose or for decoration.

synonyms:fastener, stud, link, toggle; More

a small device, flush, recessed or protruding, on a piece of electrical or electronic equipment which can be pressed, moved, rotated, held.

knob

nɒb/

noun

usually drives an Audi

The other day I was walking down a train aisle, I had a bit of a stand off situation with another individual, there wasn't really any space to dip into, I thought I'd go for the next most common sense option and tilt at a bit of an angle, expecting him to do the same, we'd basically squeeze past each other. Anyway, as I was doing this, I felt some resistance, look and saw this bloke trying to force me back. I asked what he was doing, and he accused me of trying to bully him, he then demanded that I look in his eyes as he was talking and got very close, he then proceeded to ensure me that I will "meet my maker", but that he was going to be "cool" as he was on a train. I decided to smile and laugh in his face. 

As he walked off he called me a "white word removed" (the guy was black). The urge to punch him very hard in the back of the head was strong, but I obviously didn't want to get arrested, anyway this incident has sat with me somewhat for the the last couple of days. You really do get some absolute words removed out there, people who really need to get hurt. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

rugeley power station closing down. quite sad that when knocked down it will change the rugeley skyline forever, because you can see the towers and steam coming out from miles away. will be weird not seeing it no more.

Yeah the one at Fawley down here is set to be pulled down and used to build houses for rich brats instead.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The other day I was walking down a train aisle, I had a bit of a stand off situation with another individual, there wasn't really any space to dip into, I thought I'd go for the next most common sense option and tilt at a bit of an angle, expecting him to do the same, we'd basically squeeze past each other. Anyway, as I was doing this, I felt some resistance, look and saw this bloke trying to force me back. I asked what he was doing, and he accused me of trying to bully him, he then demanded that I look in his eyes as he was talking and got very close, he then proceeded to ensure me that I will "meet my maker", but that he was going to be "cool" as he was on a train. I decided to smile and laugh in his face. 

As he walked off he called me a "white word removed" (the guy was black). The urge to punch him very hard in the back of the head was strong, but I obviously didn't want to get arrested, anyway this incident has sat with me somewhat for the the last couple of days. You really do get some absolute words removed out there, people who really need to get hurt. 

I was at Wembley arena on Saturday for a gig and preshow I'm sitting there in my seat drinking a beer chatting with my mate  , suddenly the bloke next to me turns around and says " your ****ing elbows keep invading my personal environment so can you ****ing stop it before I ****ing make you "

this was all a bit of a surprise really seeing as the bloke was rather fat and was actually almost on my seat and I was struggling to have enough room   , but I'm wild mannered sorta bloke so I said to him look down the whole row , it's crowded everywhere ( the seats there are way to close together ) and not a lot I can do  ... he then said I asked you nicely why are you refusing to do what I asked you  ... at that point I told him he needed to re evaluate his definition of polite and then told him to **** off  , but then you kinda consciously spend the rest of the concert wondering if he was going to throw a cowardly punch or something when I wasn't looking .. I'm happy to report he didn't mainly as he seemed to then have a similar argument with the person sitting the other side of him that seemed to go on at random intervals through the concert  

but like you  (2 days later )  I'm still thinking what a clearing in the woods

People are becoming increasingly disconnected with reality as a result of us becoming increasingly connected to the internet.

People don't seem to think about the consequences of their actions as there aren't any online (mostly).  I actually dread to think what people will be like when my kid grows up and the "internet of things" is in full throw and no one will need to talk to anyone.  Could very well be a lonely place.

a few years back on the train a man offered to fight me for a seat, he wanted the window seat, genuinely, I let him have it, same journey getting off at birmingham international a man behind me pushed me hard in the back. I must have looked like a real word removed that day.

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was at Wembley arena on Saturday for a gig and preshow I'm sitting there in my seat drinking a beer chatting with my mate  , suddenly the bloke next to me turns around and says " your ****ing elbows keep invading my personal environment so can you ****ing stop it before I ****ing make you "

this was all a bit of a surprise really seeing as the bloke was rather fat and was actually almost on my seat and I was struggling to have enough room   , but I'm wild mannered sorta bloke so I said to him look down the whole row , it's crowded everywhere ( the seats there are way to close together ) and not a lot I can do  ... he then said I asked you nicely why are you refusing to do what I asked you  ... at that point I told him he needed to re evaluate his definition of polite and then told him to **** off  , but then you kinda consciously spend the rest of the concert wondering if he was going to throw a cowardly punch or something when I wasn't looking .. I'm happy to report he didn't mainly as he seemed to then have a similar argument with the person sitting the other side of him that seemed to go on at random intervals through the concert  

but like you  (2 days later )  I'm still thinking what a clearing in the woods

Yeah, there are some total morons out there. As my 'event' happened no one on the train happened to bat an eye-lid, however I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, and I were the one dishing out racist abuse, people would have been more outraged. 

...because of the nature of this train journey, it's possible that I'll see him again, I'm not sure what I'll do if I do see him again. If he says nothing then fine, but if he gets up close and personal again, then I might not have much choice other than to defend myself.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Wiki dictionary , Webster's or whoever  .... my pedantry is still valid so I win the right to drive without using my indicators  ..oh wait I already had the right , let me get back to you with another prize

Edited by tonyh29

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I imagine you signed away the right to complain about this in the small print of your contract. 

In the UK you can't sign away your rights. However you don't have a right to not be recorded. We are asked to sign waivers at work if they want to take pictures of us so that they can publish them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

In the UK you can't sign away your rights. However you don't have a right to not be recorded. We are asked to sign waivers at work if they want to take pictures of us so that they can publish them.

Yes, I suppose that's what I mean. 

32 minutes ago, limpid said:

We are asked to sign waivers at work if they want to take pictures of us so that they can publish them.

surely they would replace all of you with slim Asian models in bikinis with a  blurred face like every other website I visit does

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DK82 said:

Yeah the one at Fawley down here is set to be pulled down and used to build houses for rich brats instead.

they knocked half of it down years ago and built an housing estate, and an indusrial estate on the land along with a huge amazon warehouse.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snowychap said:

Is the daily shop okay?

You're going to the shops - who the shit cares what you're wearing as long as your genitalia aren't flapping around?

Hey, its my list of things that piss me off :P

If their baps were flapping about I might make an exception

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

ive had it before. thing is there is no such thing as being racist to a white person and it pisses me off. another thing if you did attack him you would of been had for a racist attack more than likely.

Â