Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If you get 40 days holiday a year, it sounds better than being an Energy Analyst :lol:

Some weeks we are on call though so have to be available 24/7 :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

25 days is pretty much the standard UK private sector allocation, it's **** shit.

Try dealing with 20 days, 3 of which have to be used over Christmas.

17 days holiday over a full year, thanks very much.

58 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Try dealing with 20 days, 3 of which have to be used over Christmas.

17 days holiday over a full year, thanks very much.

blimey, that's shocking

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

USA is normally 10, isn't it? 

10 is the minimum specified by law*. Average appears to be somewhere between 13 and 17.

Edited by choffer
* According to some sources. Others say there is no legal mandate. Guess one of our US contributors can clarify.

I get 20 days for working 4 days(well nights really) a week, the people who do 5 days a week get 28 days holiday. I've never really noticed until now but I'm not getting the full 5.6 weeks I'm entitled to. Is there any reason I shouldn't be getting these extra 2.4 days?

I get 25 days (5 weeks) of Annual Leave in weekly blocks. One between Jan-April. Two together between April and Sept. One between Sept and Dec. One week can be used when I want as long as the weekly quota isn't full. 

I then get 10 floating days to use on an ad hoc basis but two of these may have to be taken on 25th/26th Dec if not a rostered rest day.

I also get a block of 10 days off every 5 weeks. Annual leave weeks are usually tagged on to these rostered rest day blocks. 

Â