Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

How did word get out? Under promise and over deliver. "Well it's going to be tough, but I should just about have it done by Christmas" is the way to go, then deliver it a couple of week early and look like a miracle worker.

• Like 2

Property management departments, in particular Foxtons.

How is it possible for you to not have the contact details of the Landlord when you know that you need his approval to actually proceed with any repairs?

Part of my downstairs neighbors ceiling, a small cupboard above their boiler has actually given way whilst they were away for a month over the Summer due to piss poor DIY undertaken by my landlord himself. This guy actually thinks its acceptable to put down tiles in the bathroom without grouting and no silicone at the base of the shower.The room is far from water tight and they've known about this from pretty much the day we moved in last February.

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How did word get out? Under promise and over deliver. "Well it's going to be tough, but I should just about have it done by Christmas" is the way to go, then deliver it a couple of week early and look like a miracle worker.

I've learnt that lesson now.

I only told my department. But they then told other departments along the lines of "Oh we should have the information by the end of November"

Cue the end of November and everybody wondering where it is.

Next time I'll know better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I only told my department. But they then told other departments along the lines of "Oh we should have the information by the end of November"

Find out who the snitch is and publicly belittle them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You obviously have some idiots at your place, shocking management like this really, really pisses me off. 

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Tour 'de' Yorkshire.

What's wrong with 'of'?

It's misused in a way that hacks me off - "He got off of the horse" and such like. Blooming' Americanisms!

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said: The Tour 'de' Yorkshire.

What's wrong with 'of'?

That really pisses me off too

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said: The Tour 'de' Yorkshire.

What's wrong with 'of'?

Typical terrorist sympathiser, no solidarity with France [emoji14]

They've even got stupid stage names along the lines of Côte du Keighley', etc.

People who take the car evrywhere they go, get on your bicycle you lazy bastard.

It's good for your health, your wallet and the planet you are living on, so stop being so lazy and use your bicycle more often!

I'll walk, thanks. Riding a bike round here would just be suicidal.

Can't be arsed with all the bike maintenance, either.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Dress up in Lycra and look a clearing in the woods , slow down all the traffic on the main roads and then act like a demented millitant everytime someone in a car doesn't give you 500 ft clearance and chase them down the road just so you can tell them to look where they are going and then  arrive at work drenched as you got caught in a downpour 

nah think I'll take the car thanks

You dont have to dress up in lycra to use a bicycle if you didnt know.

And dont you have bicyle roads in england(or wherever you live) ?

Tony, I gave you a like, even though you omitted my fave, ride up the inside undertaking cars at junctions and then get shouty and righteous when the car is legitimately turning left.

I rarely ride my bike to work, I find I have to get up too early to get from Cardiff to Swindon by 8:00am. I guess I need a job with the local planning department, swan in around 9:30, ignore my e-mails for a few hours, attend a seminar on bats then **** off home around about 4:00pm on my bicycle.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

You dont have to dress up in lycra to use a bicycle if you didnt know.

And dont you have bicyle roads in england(or wherever you live) ?

We do indeed the A-320 to Woking near my house has a cycle lane ... But no cyclists use it instead they persist in cycling down a 50mph road causing traffic delays 

Â