Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

32 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

This coupled with the fact I'm on a media black out, is having an impact on my life. I'd normally spend down time watching other games, reading about Villa in the news, listening to the football call-in shows on the radio, listening to pod casts, and viewing VT. At the moment I have no desire to do any of those things. I just want to curl up in a ball, and cry every time I even think about football.

Thing is, there is very little discussion about Villa being rock bottom on the likes of Talk Sport. It's not even worthy of a debate which tells the story entirely. 

If Adrian Durham can't even find an angle on it to bait football fans into calling in then you know its bad times.

Nobody cares about Villa...

• Like 1

I missed Black Friday as was out of the country. Any good fights anywhere I watch online of idiots chinning each other for a discounted kettle or toaster? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I missed Black Friday as was out of the country. Any good fights anywhere I watch online of idiots chinning each other for a discounted kettle or toaster? 

All American from what I could see.

Anyway, another irritation - people who say "well jel".

Cabbages.

1 hour ago, Xela said: I missed Black Friday as was out of the country. Any good fights anywhere I watch online of idiots chinning each other for a discounted kettle or toaster? 

All American from what I could see.

Anyway, another irritation - people who say "well jel".

Cabbages.

And, as I am sure I have pointed out in this thread before, they are almost certainly NOT 'jel', but 'env'.

On 11/23/2015, 4:53:16, BOF said:

That's the mildest form of vegetarian I've ever heard of.  I know veggies who will throw away an entire meal if any piece of cutlery touches their plate having touched another plate that had meat on it, regardless of whether the cutlery touched the meat or not.  I think that's what can give vegetarians a bad name, the fact that some of them are properly bad mental.

Apologies for bringing up an old quote but I've been reading the past weeks worth of this thread! but..... I'm kinda like that to be honest. I'm the type of veggie that if I go to Subway and they don't change their gloves, I ask them too. But when it comes to eating out in work do's or whatever as long as i can eat something, I'm pretty easy going! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Apologies for bringing up an old quote but I've been reading the past weeks worth of this thread! but..... I'm kinda like that to be honest. I'm the type of veggie that if I go to Subway and they don't change their gloves, I ask them too. But when it comes to eating out in work do's or whatever as long as i can eat something, I'm pretty easy going! 

I totally understand that in places like Subway to be honest, as you've no idea what they've been at beforehand*.  I should have been clearer.  I was originally referring to home-cooked meals at a table, where a 'polluted' fork accidentally touches a plate, not even a piece of food, the person knows that's the extent of the pollution but still throws the meal away anyway.

* A friend of mine nearly had a very serious incident owing to a similiar situation.  He's highly allergic to fish and went into a sandwich shop where the knife used for his sandwich must have been used recently for tuna.  He could feel his throat closing and his temperature going up.  Luckily it must have been a small enough amount not to make things any worse, but it's a lesson learned.

I know a number of plumbers, plasters, tilers and they all do about 80% of their work cash in hand. Not declared,  no tax paid. They all complain about foreigners ruining the country...

One I know very well is in the process of claiming tax credits for his child, he works between 6 & 7 days a week but according to HMRC only earns £10,100 a year.

Annoying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I know a number of plumbers, plasters, tilers and they all do about 80% of their work cash in hand. Not declared,  no tax paid. They all complain about foreigners ruining the country...

One I know very well is in the process of claiming tax credits for his child, he works between 6 & 7 days a week but according to HMRC only earns £10,100 a year.

Annoying.

I understand it can annoy I suppose BUT,  for normal people who are not born into money unless they are amazingly lucky things like this + other things like whiplash money etc are the only way that people can get the required amount of money in....quick.  Also,  it could be a little bit of jealousy in a way,  I bet nearly 99% of people would do the same if they found a little way to skim the tax man or similar.  I think the public are less honest these days as the morals,  or lack of filter down from Government.  

George Osbourne does not need to work,  if you have kids and want to make sure they have the same amount of money Osbourne was born into these methods are the only way to do it in the time available.  If it was not desirable Osbourne would give all his money away to the poor and be the same as everyone else,  he has not done this as far as I know.  If the house prices were kept at a normal price,  even in London then people would not have to duck and dive to get cash in.  If you work full time and contribute to society in the proper way you should be able to buy a house,  car, and a little holiday's and still have a couple of quid left over (That is the definition of a living wage in my world,  one where it's possible to live?). This is not the case and everyone has to live life at 13,000 rpm just to stay in debt.

This is not political at all,  I picked Osbourne because he is wealthy and a good example I think and I was just thinking of another POV to be honest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Annoying.

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, I know a guy that does dry lining, same story, lots of cash work. Get him in conversation and he hates 'spongers'.

I don't understand these posts. They are examples of people stealing from YOU and yet you seem to accept it.

I understand what you're saying there. I don't necessarily agree that if cost of living was lower people would be more honest though.

The point I was making however was that these examples of people I know are the "Britain First", close the borders, all foreigners are bad for the UK types yet they are effectively stealing from UK PLC by not declaring the vast majority of their earnings (and paying the applicable tax).

The one I know (in law family member unfortunately) has taken it a step further by his tax credit application. He's short changing the public purse by £5-£10k a year and also wants some benefits to top up earnings because he's only declaring minimum wage. 

The post is more about the contradiction of some people being proud Britons and foreigners are bad / benefits 'scroungers are ruining the country... but are happy to cheat the system themselves. 

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't understand these posts. They are examples of people stealing from YOU and yet you seem to accept it.

if they happen to be doing your kitchen and you get a reduction for paying cash then surely it cancels out what they are indirectly stealing from you via the taxman  ...

• Like 2

It's a crime to fail to report a crime. So the only question is does their fraud constitute a crime? If it's usual behaviour then I'd suggest that it does. If it's occasional, it probably doesn't.

Â