Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I see the difference, regarding your second point well Garde hasnt exactly been a success to be fair either. But its not all entirely his fault as we know. I think if Rafa was available at the time and we could have attracted him somehow he probably would have done better than garde has

Yeah probably, but this has nothing to do with the point we were discussing :thumb:

On 3/30/2016 at 17:44, VillaChris said:

All but down if they lose to Norwich, we will be dishing out the last rites.

Is that Newcastle losing yet another away game I see? No matter people hilariously overrating Janmatt, Winjadulum, Sissoko etc...one thing is for sure those boys have no guts away from home.

They need 4 wins from last 7 to have a chance of staying up. That includes Liverpool and Spurs at home and Southampton and Liverpool away...bold prediction but they'll win none of those games so would need 4 wins from their last 3....;)

See you all on May 7th, that will be fun at least.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is that Newcastle losing yet another away game I see? No matter people hilariously overrating Janmatt, Winjadulum, Sissoko etc...one thing is for sure those boys have no guts away from home.

They need 4 wins from last 7 to have a chance of staying up. That includes Liverpool and Spurs at home and Southampton and Liverpool away...bold prediction but they'll win none of those games so would need 4 wins from their last 3....;)

See you all on May 7th, that will be fun at least.

they have Liverpool home and away?

Newcastle are in big trouble I thought they would win yesterday or at least get a point. To lose yesterday is a huge problem. Financially I wonder if they go down how bad their club will be? With Ashley having problems with sports direct they could be in big trouble if they go down

Game in hand is Man City so to stand a chance they need a win in that.   They have 3 guaranteed points against us so they are still only one game away from safety.

if we could get in Moyes next week however I would be well up for our game against them.  Would be at least a little excitement in this shit sandwich of a season.

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Game in hand is Man City so to stand a chance they need a win in that.   They have 3 guaranteed points against us so they are still only one game away from safety.

if we could get in Moyes next week however I would be well up for our game against them.  Would be at least a little excitement in this shit sandwich of a season.

Not sure 37 points will keep them up as their GD is poorer than Norwich.

Norwich on 31 and will get at least 4 points from Sunderland and Watford at home plus sneak a draw or two in other games.

Newcastle will not stay up with 3 wins from their last 7 imo. Down at Villa Park which will please their fans again.

Newcastle United have announced a profit of £32.4m after tax, an increase of £13.7m on the previous year.

Financial results for the year to 30 June 2015 show a cash balance of £48.3m. Turnover fell by less than 1% and debt remained static at £129m.

But managing director Lee Charnley says the club understand "football and not financial results" are what fans want.

"We must remain positive and retain the belief that we can secure our Premier League status," he added.

Anybody who wants this lot relegated with us next year, and competing with us must be high as a **** kite.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anybody who wants this lot relegated with us next year, and competing with us must be high as a **** kite.

That report doesn't factor in the £80m+ they've spent on players since then. If Newcastle go down, I think they could be in a very similar position to us financially. 

Plus, 3 teams can go up. Newcastle being down there doesn't change that to 2.

I want them to come down with us, I want us to be the team that sends them down.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That report doesn't factor in the £80m+ they've spent on players since then. If Newcastle go down, I think they could be in a very similar position to us financially. 

Plus, 3 teams can go up. Newcastle being down there doesn't change that to 2.

I want them to come down with us, I want us to be the team that sends them down.

No, but their infinitely better squad does ;)

Just now, rodders0223 said:

No, but their infinitely better squad does ;)

I've been gloating about NUFC in the wrong place.

From a NUFC forum in response to sell to buy  -

But, as discussed elsewhere, there may be limited demand for said players. Also, if the income fall is, say, £50-60m instead of £30m this time - which is entirely plausible, given that our turnover has increased about £40m, mostly through TV revenue increases, since 2008/09, the season before the last relegation - then we potentially have to sell £20-30m worth of players (inc. their annual wages, so maybe more like £15m-25m in actual player sales) just to get to break even point. And I'd be amazed if we invest in the playing squad if we are not making a profit, it's simply not the way we do business.

Ashley is also taking massive hit on sports direct i think newcastle are in big trouble if they go down.

championship will be exciting season though with us, newcastle and sunderland though

Â