Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Problem is the negativity carries on to the next match.

The answer to that is that he shouldn't be starting the next match, or indeed many future matches until he shows significant improvement. He's been terrible lately.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But it's not about 'helping' them. Fans are intelligent enough to realise that when you're 3-0 down and looking appalling, you're not going to come back.The team was way way way beyond the point at which fans could help them. It just became about registering disapproval. Which was entirely warranted. 

Agreed, but boo the whole team then, don't create a scapegoat for the collective's poor performances.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The answer to that is that he shouldn't be starting the next match, or indeed many future matches until he shows significant improvement. He's been terrible lately.

He has, but still I wouldn't boo him, or any of our players, unless they were blatantly not trying. I don't think that's the case with Leo.

4 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

Agreed, but boo the whole team then, don't create a scapegoat for the collective's poor performances.

He was booed because it was his shit play that led directly to their 3rd. He wasn't a scapegoat he's embarrassing performance was the worst on the pitch and contributed big time to a humiliating loss. 

He is a prime example of the issues at the club.He was a cheap buy with some talent and potential.He has scored some important goals and worked well providing  assists when we had  Benteke in the team but like so many players in recent times he has gone backwards season after season  , game after game.

He was hopeless today but I don't think its lack of effort ,lack of talent perhaps but mostly its confidence and being booed won't help him.

Just now, DCJonah said:

He was booed because it was his shit play that led directly to their 3rd. He wasn't a scapegoat he's embarrassing performance was the worst on the pitch and contributed big time to a humiliating loss. 

I know exactly why he was booed, but no-one booed Lescott for the 1st, Bunn & Okore for the 2nd, the whole back 4 for the 5th and sixth. When a team loses 6-0 at home measuring who's was the most embarrasing performance is pretty futile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Did he get a new 5 year deal this season? 

Yes. I was apoplectic when I saw this. I don't care anymore if people think you shouldn't bad mouth the players. He has always been a second rate footballer in my eyes and this was one of the stupidest deals the club has ever made

5 year deal? What the *****************************

I'm baffled by the leadership of this club.

Lambert getting that contract extension after winning two games was just ludicrous. Given on 55k a week for 5 years aged 35. The total lack of foresight during the MON years of spending.

As far as I'm concerned Lerner doesn't support Villa, starting to think he never did. He's as much of a chancer as Sherwood and his decision-making utterly atrocious.

10 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

5 year deal? What the *****************************

I'm baffled by the leadership of this club.

Lambert getting that contract extension after winning two games was just ludicrous. Given on 55k a week for 5 years aged 35. The total lack of foresight during the MON years of spending.

As far as I'm concerned Lerner doesn't support Villa, starting to think he never did. He's as much of a chancer as Sherwood and his decision-making utterly atrocious.

Gabby got a new deal as well around the time Lambert got his and Westwood got a well deserved 5 year deal in the summer :lol:

The problem with moaning about contract extensions is that this time twelve months ago we were complaining about the club failing to protect its assets. Now I know the cheap and easy answer is that these players are so bad we can't call them 'assets', but that is literally what they are. Failing to get transfer fees for players because they've run out their deals is also a problem. 

It probably is fair to say that a guy like Bacuna, who has only been a guaranteed starter for brief periods in his three years at the club, shouldn't have been given a five-year contract, however. Three years would have been much more logical. 

The problem with moaning about contract extensions is that this time twelve months ago we were complaining about the club failing to protect its assets. Now I know the cheap and easy answer is that these players are so bad we can't call them 'assets', but that is literally what they are. Failing to get transfer fees for players because they've run out their deals is also a problem. 

It probably is fair to say that a guy like Bacuna, who has only been a guaranteed starter for brief periods in his three years at the club, shouldn't have been given a five-year contract, however. Three years would have been much more logical. 

Come on now. Not one person would, at any point of his Villa career, give a flying sausage if Bacuna left on a free. It's an awful indictment of the lack of foresight and general business acumen of those running our club that they can allow such average players and managers negotiate these outrageously long contracts after a bit of form. It's utterly baffling.

27 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Come on now. Not one person would, at any point of his Villa career, give a flying sausage if Bacuna left on a free. It's an awful indictment of the lack of foresight and general business acumen of those running our club that they can allow such average players and managers negotiate these outrageously long contracts after a bit of form. It's utterly baffling.

Yes, they would care, at least a little bit, not because Bacuna is a brilliant footballer (he isn't) but because the mark of a well-run club is losing as few assets as possible for no return. I know we're all pissed off at Bacuna today, but there is somewhere a club that would pay a transfer fee for a guy with three years of Premier League experience, in his mid-20's, who can cover a variety of positions. Daniel Levy would find one. Not a lot of money, but some money, and we need all the money we can get where we're going. Failing to sell players hasn't helped fill our pitiful transfer kitties in recent years. 

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I can't remember a player as bad as Bacuna playing regularly for Spurs since Redknapp took over which was around the same time as MON joined. 

What's that got to do with it?

Clubs still do transfers with worse players you know. A good businessman is a good businessman, whether he's selling players at Spurs or at Barnsley. 

I wasn't trying to specifically compare our situation to Spurs', that would be ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gabby got a new deal as well around the time Lambert got his and Westwood got a well deserved 5 year deal in the summer :lol:

and yet they decide to run down Okore's contract. Brilliant. You cant make it up. 

• Like 1