Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I like the extra energy that he gives to the midfield but ultimately his end product is poor. In saying that he does look like the midfielder with the most chance of scoring. He's getting into good positions in the box but too often his composure goes and he ends up blasting it. If one of those goes in, it potentially gives him confidence and he starts to get more because he used to be more composed in front of goal

One thing I do like about his is that he doesn't hide. He takes responsibility without question. He finds himself in some good positions, he's just no Jordan Ayew.

Whilst Ayew is unavailable however, he's our best option in the position, though he does play a little deeper. If not him then who?

Lyden maybe? It might be a little soon for him but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

Thing is, you can't miss sitters like that in the premier league - especially not in our position when goal chances are rare as rocking horse shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Lyden maybe? It might be a little soon for him but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

Thing is, you can't miss sitters like that in the premier league - especially not in our position when goal chances are rare as rocking horse shit. 

He was extremely shit on the ball on Saturday, perhaps I missed his defensive cover, probably because I couldn't get over how bad he was with the ball at his feet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't know, what's Lyden's finishing like? Can he play the more advanced role? Is he mobile enough? 

To be honest, I was starting to get used to seeing Ayew blaze chances like that high and wide anyway so not much has changed in that respect. 

• Like 2

He's the quintessential (is that the right word?) utility / squad player.

He doesn't excel at any position or ability, but he can do a job at multiple positions. And once in a while he puts in a really good performance.

Obviously he has his share of stinkers as well.

If he's content with being that player for us he will be useful for many years.

Not sure he will thou and I don't think he'll ever be good enough to have guarantied spot in the team.

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was extremely shit on the ball on Saturday, perhaps I missed his defensive cover, probably because I couldn't get over how bad he was with the ball at his feet.

Always there, though.  He gets into pretty good positions quite a lot of the time... just didn't manage to do much with the ball when he got it!  I'd rather have someone making those runs etc. though than someone not getting there in the first place.

Plus he seems like a nice guy.

• Like 1