Jores Okore

Jesperchr

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why wouldn't we though. Maybe £2m a year maximum the cost of keeping him on...or we could go out and spend 10m to replace him in today's market.

Because we are cutting costs and scaling back anywhere. The days of us replacing players, let along spending £10million on them is well and truly over for the foreseeable future.

Nathan Baker is back in the summer after a year in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Because we are cutting costs and scaling back anywhere. The days of us replacing players, let along spending £10million on them is well and truly over for the foreseeable future.

That's unfair.

We've spent around 8m as an average for more than 5-6 players just this summer.

Par for the course, I don't really see why people are upset, what do you expect when we are run as badly as we are and are almost certainly going to go down. 

I fully expect to see the same behaviour (and worse) from other players in the summer, including the likes of Ayew. This is a job at the end of the day. If I worked for a company who were doing extremely poorly, had fallen from grace, and then by contract I'd potentially have to take a wage cut, then I'd sure as shit get the **** out of there ASAFP.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

33 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

That's unfair.

We've spent around 8m as an average for more than 5-6 players just this summer.

Which is in the past. Where as I've mentioned the future, have I not? We won't be spending that sort of money as a Championship side, especially as the owner has completely abandoned us now. 

Not that spending that sort of money is a guarantee of being any good - we only have to look at how replacing half the team with these players has made things even worse. It was just the suggestion that it's either renew Okore's contract or we'll spend £10m on a replacement I was surprised at. 

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

No doubt, but it is the same penny pinching, wait until the last moment, don't increase wages unless we have to that cost us £12m minimum on the Delph deal.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Always, or once? 

The closest we got to losing our best player for "peanuts" previous to this due to shortness of contract was Ashley Young who had a year left at the time. I'm not sure if we offered Mellberg a new contract or not, but I'm fairly certain he wanted to go regardless.

Can't think of another example. 

Albrighton and Delph

5 hours ago, thunderball said:

I know a very high percentage of footballers are idiots and mercenaries , and Okore seems no different. 

I beleive he owes the club for taking a £4m risk on a youngster from a minnow league and bringing him to the biggest stage in the world, then paying his wages while he is injured for more than half his time here. He has improved and is now decent, but I can think of plenty of instances this season where he was found wanting. I would think however his current deal is quite low due to his circumstances.

Prick.

why would an ambitious footballer want to stay at a football club which the leadership conceded relegation 5 months early by not backing the manager

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Not so. We have actually done very well selling players on.

That is not the problem - re-investing the money has been the problem.

I really don't think we have. 

The reality is we got good prices for Young and Downing - what's that, five years ago? We made a decent financial deal for Milner, and spoiled it by including Ireland. Since then, we sold Delph for peanuts, Benteke for his release clause, and nobody else for any significant sum of money whatsoever. 

How can you come out with a statement like he did mentioning top 4 teams and champions league football then deliver a piss poor pub side performance like that

What a complete and utter clown, gone well down in my estimations

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, honest_bertie said:

He's not going to get champs league team coming in for him if he keeps ducking when crosses come in like he did on that Liverpool goal

He pissed about to give them the corner for their second. Very poor today.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Charming.

He owes the club nothing?

He thinks he should be playing in the top half of the league and in champions league games?

He showed he was world class today didn't he? As Carragher said today, there won't be a PL manager looking at any player in this squad. 

He is delusional if the quotes attributed to him are correct. Can't say I blame him for trying to bail out but he clearly has no class or respect. Another one in our squad demonstrating why we are in this mess. The club is rotten from top to bottom. Sorry, but happy to uphold my view.

Edited by thunderball

Â