Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Seems like there is more quotes:

Aston Villa defender Jores Okore admits he may look for "bigger things" if Aston Villa are relegated this season.

Okore, who is out of contract in the summer of 2017, wants to stay in the Premier League and also has Champions League ambitions. He is frustrated that the club have not opened talks with him about extending his deal and insists: "I don't feel like I owe the club anything."

Speaking in an interview with the press in his native Denmark, Okore also expressed his annoyance at having to wait for game time even when he was fit. But the 23-year-old centre-half has not ruled out staying to help Villa bounce back if they are demoted to the Championship. "Obviously I have to consider what to do in the unlikely case of relegation," he told Ekstra Bladet.

"I feel that I have proved myself and I feel ready for bigger things.

"My priority is to stay in the Premier League but I do weigh Champions League higher and I am eager to listen if such an opportunity presents itself.

"The club appears in no rush to extend my deal which in turn means I'm in no rush either.

"In due time I will learn what they are willing to offer. I have been forced to wait for lengthy spells even after being declared fit to play. So I don't feel like I owe the club anything.

"The scales are evenly weighed in my opinion. That said, I am no stranger to staying on and helping this club to better days. But this is a team sport with individual differences."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-christian-benteke-liverpool-10887321

Should have got in there with a contract sooner. 

We've stuck by him through a lot of injury problems so some loyalty would be nice, but then this is football, and you only have one career, so I don't blame him for not wanting to slog it out in the championship. 

48 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

And that'll prove to be a terrible decision.

He has been injured a lot during his contract, and that makes him very expensive. I am not surprised that the club might want to leave it as long as possible to see how he goes. There is also the small matter of relegation to consider, which will make negotiations even more difficult, especially if Okore feels he is capable of playing for a Champions League club. Difficult for the club to decide at this point how much to offer him.

• Like 1

sadly every single member of our squad will be looking to get a move when/if we go down, while I like Okore and the fact Sherwood ignored him for so long was terrible, I think his attitude show in those quotes whilst unsurprising is still pretty poor.

It's massively subjective but I feel these are the players who are likely to be sold or try and get a move: Gana, Vertout, Ayew, Okore, Richards, Gil, Lescott, Sinclair. The issue is will we get what we paid? I think we will struggle to shift Gana and Vertout for the 8-9mil amongst others each we paid.  

Players who are unlikely to get a move, due to form or injury or at least because they found their level: Gestede, Westwood, Clark, Hutton, Bunn, Guzan, Gabby, Bacuna, Cissokho, Kozak, Gardener, Grealish, Baker and more... 

Now i'm sure even the second list will have a fair few sold for very little just to get the wages off, and because people will take risks or the club will force them out and maybe a few will stay either because they want to (canned laughter) or because they can't get the move they want. The club might dig their heels on a few they want to keep, in the hope they will give it another season.

I have watched teams like QPR play hardball over their best players, but ultimately the ones they didn't sell in the summer have now all been flogged or sent out in loan in January, as there is only so long you can support Premiership wages in the Championship. Appreciate some of our players have relegation clauses which may get round that.

The fact is I don't even think Garde will get all the money from those that are sold on, because Lerner will want to mop up his losses. So will Garde fancy rebuilding the club on a shoe-string?

I really hoped Okore would be one of the ones who stayed for at least a year following relegation, the fact he wants Champion's League football is a little laughable considering his injury record. I rate him a great deal but he's proved nothing yet, if it's about getting a new contract then fair enough but don't air those views in the media.

Edited by VillanousOne

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

the way I read is that he would leave if a Top 4 team in England came in for him, doesnt sound like he wants out immediately but club hasnt bothered speaking to him

Why would he stay and play in the championship if a top 4 team doesn't come in for him, but another premier league team does? He's as good as gone. Let's not delude ourselves to think that our best players with be staying next season, at least some of them will leave. Okore seems to be nailed on to be one of them.

• Like 1

If he goes, he goes, but he needs to stay quiet until the end of the season, and then make noise if he wants to go. We don't need this sort of distraction, and the manager needs the players to not speak to the media.

I'm sure  a few will leave if we go down, but him opening his mouth won't help the cause any,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

what the **** are we doing not offering a deal

Look at it from the club's point of view.

Having sold Delph and Benteke....there isn't many players left who'll command any kind of fee. So who are they going to be able to sell this summer? Especially when you'd need to be mad to buy most of the players that make up our squad. Okore is one of the only sellable players.

Â