Jores Okore

Jesperchr

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There is only one solution. Cheeky release clause in his contract. That way if he performs he can leave and if he doesn't he can stay. That is the beauty of letting players go into the final 12 months of their deal. You are **** either way.

Just our luck you wait to see if he recovers from injury ok then get relegated so he doesn't want to stay!! But we do need to stop getting into these last year of contract situations!! 

From Danish fooball site bold.dk

I feel ready to move to a bigger club and show my worth . I would prefer to stay in the Premier League , but the Champions League is weighted higher , if there's a club with the opportunity , I listen .

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

And now because we've let his contract run down we have very little negotiating power.

Bravo.

Like I said, we don't know that.

To be honest, him wanting to leave, if that's true, just reinforces my view that we could well have been offering him new deals na dhe just hasn't wanted to sign them.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be honest, him wanting to leave, if that's true, just reinforces my view that we could well have been offering him new deals na dhe just hasn't wanted to sign them.

Yeah we could have been but why are you getting in the way of me having a good moan early in the morning?! :P

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The same article says he hasn't been approached be Villa about a new deal. Our club is a shambles.  

• Like 1

Just modern day football, he's having a good run right now but over his 3 seasons, through injuries, inconsistency, he's been ok nothing more, now he wants CL, he won't get it in this country, I don't think he'll get it in any of the top 4/5 European leagues, when was the last time he was considered good enough for Denmark?

The fact that he's our best CB says far more about us than in does about him

The problem is "I want CL" will no doubt turn in to signing for the likes of Watford for >£60k a week on the TV money

• Like 1

The same article says he hasn't been approached be Villa about a new deal. Our club is a shambles.  

Fair enough. That's annoying.

Maybe previous managers didn't rate him?

I'd be hoping Garde would be pushing for a new deal.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough. That's annoying.

Maybe previous managers didn't rate him?

I'd be hoping Garde would be pushing for a new deal.

Sherwood adored him, said he played majority of his games last season still with an injury in order to battle for survival. He should've been given a new deal straight off the bat. Now we're in an even worse battle it is unlikely he'd want to stay, and if he does leave it will be for very little in comparison to his actual worth. 

Shambles.

• Like 1

I am surprised we only gave him a 3 year deal in the first place given when he signed he was only 20 and was already playing for Denmark. He has been unlucky with the injuries, but when fit is class. Looks like he will be offski in the summer then. Another good move by the board. Had he signed a contract last year we could at least get 5-6 mil for him.

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am surprised we only gave him a 3 year deal in the first place given when he signed he was only 20 and was already playing for Denmark. He has been unlucky with the injuries, but when fit is class. Looks like he will be offski in the summer then. Another good move by the board. Had he signed a contract last year we could at least get 5-6 mil for him.

4 years.

Disappointed in this. To me with his injuries he needs to play a full season at whatever level, if he moves to this champions league club he won't be playing week in week out.

Â