Jores Okore

Jesperchr

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

top class and for me our best player, no coincidence his return has meant the defence is not the joke it once was. Get him a new deal

I couldn't agree more, he was absolutely immense. I counted every game since the start of last season the other day, and we've conceded considerably fewer goals with Okore in the side. 

A contract renewal is a matter of priority, we simply must get it done before the summer window opens or he's gone. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I couldn't agree more, he was absolutely immense. I counted every game since the start of last season the other day, and we've conceded considerably fewer goals with Okore in the side. 

A contract renewal is a matter of priority, we simply must get it done before the summer window opens or he's gone. 

Reading that back, it's not clear - we concede fewer goals per game with Okore in the side. 

I'm not as big a fan of him as others on this forum but that was his best game for us today... Few small errors but even the one in the first few minutes I think was a foul on him that the ref missed

Hope he keeps playing like that 

I believe since he started at Southampton on 5th december he's started 9 league goals and we've conceded 8 goals.

For a team that was letting in goals for fun that is very very good going. It can't just be co-incidence surely as we had a very similar run this time last year when it was him and Clark.

He's formed good partnerships with Clark and Lescott who it's fair to say won't be going down as villa defensive greats, imagine if he'd played with a Mellberg or Laursen.

As I've said before he'll be a key player for us next season, fuming if we lose him.

• Like 4

So. How do we get him to stay at a championship team? 

I think this guy is the real deal. I've seen him make Baker, Clark, Vlaar and now a declining Lescott look better players. It's not a coincidence. 

Unfortunately, he'll need to be ion the limelight to keep his Denmark place. Does anyone think he'll be wearing a Villa shirt next season? What would it take for us to keep him? 

33 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

So. How do we get him to stay at a championship team? 

I think this guy is the real deal. I've seen him make Baker, Clark, Vlaar and now a declining Lescott look better players. It's not a coincidence. 

Unfortunately, he'll need to be ion the limelight to keep his Denmark place. Does anyone think he'll be wearing a Villa shirt next season? What would it take for us to keep him? 

Staying up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

I agree with those who thought he was great today. 

Played a lovely ball through (To Gabby?) in the first half that should have been better rewarded.

was Richards but it was a brilliant pass. If Stones did it you wouldnt hear the end of it on Match of the Day

when he was at Nordsjaelland he looked a capable passer from defence and I think his confidence is moving up to play similar passes

Â