The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It’s a reflection on how much football (and Villa in particular) means to us, of course, but people should learn that what goes around comes around. Some of these messages to Lerner and his family will not produce any change at VP… only a formal protest has the possibility of success, but I rather think that it’s a bit late now for that. Nothing more is going to change structurally (now) for this season – which will simply end either in relegation or a magnificent recovery. Leicester got out of it at a very late stage, so while there’s life …

This is what he deserves for just trying to do the bare minimum to stay in the league each season. Well it isn't gonna pay off this time Randy you word removed. The lack of  ambition at Avfc is summed up by the decisions to give complete dross such as Westwood, Agbonlahor, Hutton, Bacuna, Clark and Baker new contracts. It is a **** disgrace. We were never going to move forward by keeping these sorts of players

Edited by Arj Guy

Remember when Krulak used to post on here. And then things went to shit and Krulak said he'd never just up and abandon the fans. And then he pissed off like a fart in the wind. And there was no explanation given. That was a good indication of how little of a clue Lerner has about English football or how to run a club, and also how little respect the hierarchy have for the fans. Not a word. The guy said such an infinite deal of nothing as well, but he was treated with such deference on here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Remember when Krulak used to post on here. And then things went to shit and Krulak said he'd never just up and abandon the fans. And then he pissed off like a fart in the wind. And there was no explanation given. That was a good indication of how little of a clue Lerner has about English football or how to run a club, and also how little respect the hierarchy have for the fans. Not a word. The guy said such an infinite deal of nothing as well, but he was treated with such deference on here. 

Didn't he run off to some collage spouting off "Proud History Bright Future" :crylaugh:

I hadn't laughed so much since the pigs eat my sister!

Lerner has been a dreadful owner - truly awful but I can't get behind the personal insults.  In my opinion, he hasn't done this deliberately - far from it. We are as poor as we are despite the fact that Lerner has given it his best shot and invested/lost a large amount of cash. The guy lacks any ability to run a football club

We are stuck with him for some time yet - I really hope agaisnt hope the Garde can pull a rabbit out of the hat and keep us up because if we go down we will be stuck with Lerner for even longer

On the Krulak front, i'm afraid for me any personal insults are justified - the guy promised the world and then as soon as the going got tough disappeared - complete tool!

I don't think the term 'made your bed, so lie in it' has ever been more appropriate. 

Instead of coming into the club and throwing his money around, or allowing MON to throw his money around in a way that was never going to be sustainable, we should have built slowly. Sure, we probably wouldn't have had the 3 6th place finishes, but we wouldn't have had the 5 years of shite after either.

i think unfortunately we are stuck with him, as he would struggle to get £100m for us as a championship club.

Dark times await.

Â