Playstation 4

hogso

Im not totally clued up on what Microsoft's pre-release plans were but couldn't you consider that everything deemed "anti-consumer" was just them trying to create a "steam" model.

Anyway that's all I will say on the matter as this is off-topic now.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Im not totally clued up on what Microsoft's pre-release plans were but couldn't you consider that everything deemed "anti-consumer" was just them trying to create a "steam" model.

Anyway that's all I will say on the matter as this is off-topic now.

Mostly;

the console had to be connected to the internet to play the games (to register their licenses every time you played (less haxors then)).  Problem was not everyone has stellar internet.

it had to come with a camera, and that camera was always recording (or on).

It was way more expensive as a result, despite the fact it was less powerful (even by a small margin, it was worse in every tangible way and more expensive).

The console itself is huge.

It was loud (I don't know this personally)

And then they changed all of that because Sony said "We've got a decent machine, for £300.  Online has been improved immeasurably, the only thing is you have to pay for that service now, whereas we gave you it for free since 2002 on PS2."

They were honest and clear, Xbox shafted their fan base - so the fan base **** off.

Too many indie side scrollers and twin stick shooters for my taste. In fairness, there are a bunch that are great, but that I'd already bought on PC years ago.

Hopefully in the next year or two some of the triple A titles might be old enough that they'll be included occasionlly, there have been quite a few for PS3 pop up on Psplus that I'd want to play if I had one.

23 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It came from EA a few weeks ago. 

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/29/ea-xbox-sales-figures/

I know the Xbox One's sales I was questioning where they got their Xbox 360 sales as that was the point of the graph..

The graph was showing PS4/Xbox One sales compared to PS3 and Xbox 360 two years in and my questioning was that they credited the Xbox 360 sales far lower than they actually were two years in. 

13 hours ago, mightysasquatch said:

I've had a Xbox one since release day & I picked up a ps4 the weekend. The dash/home screen on the ps4, for me is not a patch on Xbox ones...& the controller makes me want to hurt myself. But I guess it comes down to getting use to it.

I had similar thoughts. The PS4 controller actually made my hands hurt after a couple of hours of playing which made me sell the thing. 

I can understand the controller concerns (although I have no problem with the PS4 controller)

But I've never really understood those that place a lot of importance on the homescreen/dashboard for each console.

I honestly couldn't care less :)

• Like 1

On 16 February 2016 at 10:51, Stevo985 said:

I can understand the controller concerns (although I have no problem with the PS4 controller)

But I've never really understood those that place a lot of importance on the homescreen/dashboard for each console.

I honestly couldn't care less :)

The controller hasn't actually cause me any issues, other than me pressing square for X.

As for the home screen/dash I don't place a huge importance on it but I do place an importance on how intuitive it is. Ease of use, finding what I want ect....I still maintain that both next generation consoles have lesser designs that those before them. 

Anyone who finds a PS4 controller awkward or painful, is surely just too used to a different controller (ie: an Xbox one), that they're holding it how they've gotten used to holding their previous one?

I imagine people who have been lifelong PlayStation owners and who now buy an Xbox, would have similar teething problems with the Xbox controller.

Neither is better, in my opinion, they're just different.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the general concensus when the topic came up before was the official wireless headset, about £65 according to amazon, may be cheaper elsewhere

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Yeah I'm not paying anything near that for something that should be free.

I have some turtle beach PX12's, they jack into your aux plug in the controller, so they're "wireless" to a degree, the sound is very good 12. dolby surround. 

They cost me £30.

Â