Playstation 4

hogso

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

So can you hear the sound out of the TV and only the voice chat through headset? 

You hear both through the headset.

But you can change it so that only the voice comes through the headset if that's what you want.

Wot Stevo said. You get both through the headset. It's got some kind of software installed making sure that the game audio doesn't drown out voices or vice versa. You can also adjust the balance on the fly with a button if you feel the need. 

They are a bit plasticy but that's really my only criticism. The battery lasts ages and is easily recharged (I use the PS4 but phone chargers work too) and the sound quality is excellent. The fact that they are wireless is the icing on the cake. I don't think you'll find better headphones under a hundred quid.  

It's not even their most profitable division, I'm not sure where you're getting that they'd be out of business without Playstation. It's certainly a key division for them, but it's not keeping them afloat, nothing like it. They make an absolute fortune from image sensors, and their own camera division isn't doing too badly either.

I wonder where Arstechnica got their sources as life to date the Xbox 360 was on 18 million after 2 years only just behind the Xbox One's life to date. They got the PS3's life to date accurate as that was on 21 million 2 years into its lifespan, but they have kinda undersold what the Xbox 360 was doing back in the day by several million by the looks of it...

End of the day PS4 is a runaway success and it needed to be as @Dr_Pangloss said if the PS4 flopped with the PS Vita languishing in console hell already Sony would be gone so they needed this.

I'm just curious how Nintendo will do with their official next-gen console the NX as they can't have another Wii U-esque failure.. Microsoft love them or hate them are the only company that doesn't need the Xbox to succeed to make money, hence why they are planning to ship all their Xbox One exclusives on PC as well.. 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not even their most profitable division, I'm not sure where you're getting that they'd be out of business without Playstation. It's certainly a key division for them, but it's not keeping them afloat, nothing like it. They make an absolute fortune from image sensors, and their own camera division isn't doing too badly either.

In 2012 Sony restructured and based the entire business around three core pillars.. Gaming, Image Sensors and Mobile.. Mobile has already failed and Gaming is their only major profitable sector currently. That can all change but considering 40% of all imaging devices shipped last year had Sony sensors in them they ain't making much from their licencing deals. Not to mention with Nikon now considering whether to move on without using Sony image sensors that 40% may be the highest their market share in camera tech ever goes. So yeah it may be a bit extreme to say PlayStation is keeping Sony afloat, but it's not far off as the PlayStation brand is the only majorly profitable sector they currently have which is why they are so intense right now when it comes to exclusive licencing deals for games on PS4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

I wonder where Arstechnica got their sources as life to date the Xbox 360 was on 18 million after 2 years only just behind the Xbox One's life to date. They got the PS3's life to date accurate as that was on 21 million 2 years into its lifespan, but they have kinda undersold what the Xbox 360 was doing back in the day by several million by the looks of it...

End of the day PS4 is a runaway success and it needed to be as @Dr_Pangloss said if the PS4 flopped with the PS Vita languishing in console hell already Sony would be gone so they needed this.

I'm just curious how Nintendo will do with their official next-gen console the NX as they can't have another Wii U-esque failure.. Microsoft love them or hate them are the only company that doesn't need the Xbox to succeed to make money, hence why they are planning to ship all their Xbox One exclusives on PC as well.. 

It came from EA a few weeks ago. 

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/29/ea-xbox-sales-figures/

Edited by The_Rev

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Exclusives? Friends? 

It's bizarre that any publisher would back the Xbox, but we've seen it happen with a big game like Tomb Raider. Perhaps the model is to gain extortionate sums of cash for the Xbox to have the title as an exclusive for like 1 year, before it gets ported over to the PS4 and make money on that console? 

Anyone else playing Unravel or Firewatch?  Got both tonight (getting bored of FPS games). Really enjoying Unravel,  nice little platform game. Gorgeous looking too. Have briefly tried Firewatch, the start of the story is down right depressing but also a great little adventure type of game. 

I'm not sure why ps4 owners think it's ridiculous to own an Xbox one. I had an original Xbox and a 360 and now a one. Apart from slightly less graphical power there's not really any difference between the 2. Personally I prefer the Xbox controller and I've heard that live is a more complete online experience than what play station offers.

not sure it's as clear cut as people think.

My issue with the xbone is not being a fan of its big exclusives, halo especially does absolutely nothing for me, the main selling points of what in can do doesn't do anything for me either but tbh it'll always be about games

Still plan on getting one when it drops below £200

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm not sure why ps4 owners think it's ridiculous to own an Xbox one. I had an original Xbox and a 360 and now a one. Apart from slightly less graphical power there's not really any difference between the 2. Personally I prefer the Xbox controller and I've heard that live is a more complete online experience than what play station offers.

not sure it's as clear cut as people think.

I agree. 

I'd advise anyone to just go with what your friends own unless there are any exculsives on either console that you really REALLY can't live without.

For me, i had loads of friends who had XBox 360s.

But they have all, without exception, gone for a PS4 this time around. So it was a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree. 

I'd advise anyone to just go with what your friends own unless there are any exculsives on either console that you really REALLY can't live without.

For me, i had loads of friends who had XBox 360s.

But they have all, without exception, gone for a PS4 this time around. So it was a no brainer for me.

Makes sense.

I still wonder to this day why so many people have chosen the PS4 for this generation of consoles.

It seems that a pattern has formed since the PS2. Everybody had one of those, then it seems like everyone jumped onto the 360 rather than get a PS3 then everybody jumped back to PS4 rather than get a One. I know Microsoft got their PR badly wrong before these latest consoles were released which must have put people off them but that still doesn't explain PS4 getting double the sales of the Xbone.

It's all about the pre-release, I think. It's objectively the weaker console, but not by so much I think it's had any real impact, anyone who cares about slightly lower framerates and lower resolutions is probably playing on PC anyway.

It has some redeeming features, they've certainly turned things around, but their pre-release plans were so anti-consumer, I'm glad it's blown up in their face.You don't get to actively **** over your userbase, then just say sorry that people wouldn't put up with it, and still be successful. They **** themselves for the better part of a decade.

Â