West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

at the very least its taken their sheen off our relegation, the 4 baggies fans in my office all said they'd rather be relegated then suffer the dross pulis is going to serve every season

And yet they still have scored more goal than us. 

Snatching goals from set pieces, 4 CBs at the back, usually an isolated striker, 5 at the back last night, they really have had enough of him

Saw someone compare him to lamberts end of days, football wise I'd say almost definitely, whether or not the players have lost the will to live too I'm not so sure, I think some of them are so limited that they'd want to keep pulis

• Like 3

They've very much like Newcastle last season.

I think around this time Newcastle had about 30 points and they won 1 more game to just about scrape over the line so think West Brom will do the same looking at their home fixtures...Palace, Watford, West Ham, Norwich, Man. United and Liverpool on the final day.

They'll need 6-7 points from that imo so that will probably be enough on its own to stay up especially if one of the wins is v Norwich.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

And that is why I have a grim admiration for Pulisball. No other manager could get a clean sheet out of a game when the opposition had 34 shots on goal. Yes, it's desperate to watch, but crikey it's effective. 

I would say having 34 shots on goal and not scoring once is a reflection on the Everton players more so than Pulis and his tic tacs.

• Like 1

Not really sure about that. Saw xG graph which had everton averaging 1.7 goals. 1.7 goals out of 34 shots seems terrible (maybe?). So either horrible shot selection and not working opening better (everton -ve), or just one of the most drilled defensive displays forcing everton to take horrible shots (pulis +ve) ... if i had to guess, probably go with the latter more than the former given how good everton can be attacking

Edited by gharperr

And that is why I have a grim admiration for Pulisball. No other manager could get a clean sheet out of a game when the opposition had 34 shots on goal. Yes, it's desperate to watch, but crikey it's effective. 

They were lucky yesterday. Undoubtedly. Everton wasted chance after chance, they hit the post twice. Yes there were some good blocks, they worked hard for it, but for large swathes of the match they couldn't get anywhere near the ball. Their forwards offered absolutely no relief all. They stuck 11 players behind the ball and crossed their fingers, there is very little admirable in that IMO.

However, in Pulis's defence, the squad is dogshit. Though once again he has proven completely incapable of improving that.

My mate who is an Albion fan still points to his Palace side as proof he can play good football, ignoring the fact that he had nothing to do with the building of that team.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near The Villa. We've done McLeish, Lambert. That was enough for me. I'd rather be bottom of the league and about to be put out of my misery than suffer anymore of that shite.

• Like 1

Defender Craig Dawson has signed an improved one-year contract extension at West Bromwich Albion.

The 25-year-old has made 97 appearances and scored four goals since joining the Baggies from Rochdale in August 2011.

Dawson's current deal still had a year to run but his new contract will keep him at The Hawthorns until 2018.

"I'm really enjoying my football, especially over the last year and a half when I've been a regular in the first team," he told the club website.

"I've been down here a few years now, the family is settled in this area, so it was a very easy decision to extend my contract.

"It means I can just concentrate on playing and doing everything I can to stay in the team and carry on contributing to things."

Keeping average players on their toes, keeping them hungry, relatively short term deals meaning they need to perform in order to remain at the top.

What a bizarre policy!

LONG TERM CONTRACTS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35604160

• Like 1

Pulis would be a great first premier league manager for a newly promoted side in today's league as he always seems to keep them up. After a couple of seasons however, fans will turn against him. This is definitely what the albion fans must be going through right now. In a way he is like a guy's first girlfriend. 

Â