Media and punditry

BOF

England had a great chance in 2002 and if it wasn't for old, over the hill Seaman (second goal) and bottle job Beckham (jumping out of a challenge in the build up for the first goal) they would have won.

They'd of then had a relatively easy route to the final, but probably would have lost to an ordinary German side in said final.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah 2004 for me. I still think we should have won that tournament.

England would have won Euro 2004 if Rooney didnt twist his ankle vs Portugal and replaced by Vassell

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

4th February 2016

talksport start the england can win it bullshit campaign, featuring arry redknapp claiming spain and germany are nothing special, durham claiming half the england squad are world class and some other muppet claiming alli and barkley are the best 2 youngsters in world football

we do it to ourselves

the man knows his stuff ;)

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England would have won Euro 2004 if Rooney didnt twist his ankle vs Portugal and replaced by Vassell

I agree.

Even despite that I reckon we had a chance if we'd finished off that quarter final.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

England had a great chance in 2002 and if it wasn't for old, over the hill Seaman (second goal) and bottle job Beckham (jumping out of a challenge in the build up for the first goal) they would have won.

They'd of then had a relatively easy route to the final, but probably would have lost to an ordinary German side in said final.

Hardly. The guy had just broken his foot, he should never have been out on the pitch.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hardly. The guy had just broken his foot, he should never have been out on the pitch.

thats Beckham's fault though, he cared more for his ego than saying Sven im not fit enough to play

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Exactly plus he bottled a challenge he should have made, no excuses.

We also played against 10 men for 25 minutes in that game and created **** all, against the eventual winners. I think blaming beckham for that defeat is a tad harsh imo.

i do remember a quote fromgareth Southgate about the game, Sven & the half time team talk

"At half time we needed winston Churchill, we got Iain Duncan smith"

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Why does Don Goodman hate Villa? He was so desperate for us to lose today.

because he played nearly 300 games for West Brom and Wolves :P though on commentary I think he was fair and seemed happy that we actually won

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Just now on MotD, "They've never been 2-0 up this season"

Errr, yes we have! I remember cause it's so rare!

I think thats 5th league game this season we scored 2 goals and only game we won

Â