Rino8

since they beat Bournemouth back on the 17th august, Liverpool have played 11 games and won just twice. One was a penalty shoot out win at home to a league 2 side, and the other was against us

Which, to be fair, barely counts these days.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Found this interesting.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says Daniel Sturridge must learn "what is serious pain and what is only pain" in order to overcome his injury problems.

The 26-year-old striker withdrew shortly before the Reds' Europa League win over Bordeaux on Thursday after picking up a foot problem in training.

Sturridge has been plagued by a series of injuries which have restricted him to 18 appearances in 2015.

"Everyone wants him back on the pitch but we all have to learn," said Klopp.

Speaking before Sunday's game with Swansea(16:15 GMT), he added: "The situation is Daniel was very often injured in the last few months, and maybe years, so it is normal when you get back in training usually it is not the quality, but you need training.

"Your body has to learn to adapt to new intensities of training and in this time you have to learn what is serious pain and what is only pain."

Its not the first time his desire to play through a bit of pain has been questioned.

Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has refused to deny if Daniel Sturridge's current injury problems were all in his head.

The Kop striker has endured a nightmare season through injuries that have seen him travel to the United States for treatment and only last month he was forced to come and stress that he was "mentally strong".

But asked whether part of Sturridge's problems were mental today, Rodgers said: "I'm not sure. Daniel is like every other player - he wants to play and be available.

Edited by av1

I'm glad you posted that, meant to post it myself. I got pelters on here last time I said Sturridge is lacking mental strength when it comes to his injuries. But the evidence is stacking up: that's Gerrard, Rodgers and Klopp who've all now said in public that he won't tolerate even a small amount of pain, with the strong implication that he's refusing to play at times almost every other player would do so. 

I say it not to damn him - when he's fit and playing well I really like watching him. It's a concern to me that he's letting his career slip through his fingers. 

Given his injury record, and what seems to be concerns over his mental strength, I wonder if Liverpool may consider offloading him. 

Certainly a quality player when fit, but I'd imagine he's costing them an awful lot in wages and they don't seem to get much return. And if his application is being called into question then they may just cut their losses. 

Â