Rino8

To automatically state that he will romp to the top of the premier league table with that  chequered record is a bit naive personally. He has a big personality for sure. Time will tell.

I don't think anyone said or implied they would 'romp to the top of the Premier League' now in fairness.  They'll become consistent and competitive top 4 chasers in my view anyway (achieving it now and again (without the help of a Suarez)).  I'm more annoyed that they're now entertaining to watch on and off the pitch.  They're relevant again.  That just gives the media (who hardly need any motivation to begin with) the justification to start mentioning them ALL. THE. TIME. Grrrr

Edited by BOF
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone said or implied they would 'romp to the top of the Premier League' now in fairness.

"Challenging for the title within 3 years" on the previous page amongst other OMG its the football manager god type messages :lol:

To automatically state that he will romp to the top of the premier league table with that  chequered record is a bit naive personally. He has a big personality for sure. Time will tell.

I'm more annoyed that they're now entertaining to watch on and off the pitch.  They're relevant again.

He hasn't even taken a training session and you've already decided they're entertaining to watch on the pitch :lol:

He certainly does have a good PR machine.

• Like 1

Yeah, my only issue there is describing a 3 year plan as a "romp".  Anyhoodleedoodle.  Let's see what happens.  As I said, I wouldn't mind at all if you ended up being right.  I just think it's more likely that you won't be, that's all.

Yeah I see the media are creaming themselves again about the peoples club :D

Have seen high profile managers from abroad not able to hack the Premier League so wouldnt put it past him to fail

• Like 2

Oh absolutely creaming themselves.  That was always going to happen.  Sky had a 'Liverpool manager hunt LIVE' applet ffs.  I think the whole media circus has a lot to do with why rival fans desperately want it all to go on its snot asap :)

OK well anyone wanting a stick to beat him with.  See if you can find anything in this lot :)

"When I sit here in four years. I think we'll have won one title (piece of silverware)."

"Please give us time to work on it. Please be patient, I don't say we have to wait 20 years, in four years I hope to win one title (piece of silverware)."

"Everybody knows me. I didn't change in four months... We have to play emotional football... It will be full throttle football."

Edited by BOF

OK well anyone wanting a stick to beat him with.  See if you can find anything in this lot :)

"When I sit here in four years. I think we'll have won one title."

"Please give us time to work on it. Please be patient, I don't say we have to wait 20 years, in four years I hope to win one title."

"Everybody knows me. I didn't change in four months... We have to play emotional football... It will be full throttle football."

Signs a 3 year contract, talks about winning the title after 4... very clever :D

• Like 1

Actually, mild-adjustment to translation owing to language barrier.  A "title" means a piece of silverware in this instance.  So, a good Carling Cup run then :P

• Like 1

I see, my bad wording. 1 job relevant to the task at Liverpool (i.e. competing at the top of the table).

He was releagated at Mainz (nobody mentioned that funnily enough?) and also didn't get them back up. You might say this was on a par with a Chris Hughton or Ian Holloway.

He had success with a Dortmund side blessed with some great players, you might say this was on a par with Harry Redknapp at Spurs or Even MON at Villa because you cannot say that the standard of the Geman top flight is as competitive top to bottom as the premier league.

It's more on a par with, say, Roberto Martinez at Wigan.  Mainz were completely unfancied (they didn't win Bundesliga 2 or whatever it's called) but got promoted and stayed there for 3 seasons.  All of the infrastructure was in place to make their way back.  Klopp was the grounding for this.

The Dortmund comment is just straight up wrong.  They had financial difficulties and were dropping like a stone in Bundesliga.  Klopp came in after they finished 13th and, subsequently, went 6th, 5th, 1st, 1st.  His signings have included (but aren't limited to) Robert Lewandowski, Marco Reus, Shinji Kagawa, Ilkay Gundogan, Ivan Perisic and (whatever his first name is) Aubameyang all on a relatively modest budget.

Obviously, it's not set in stone that Liverpool now finish top 4 or anything (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd are one hell of a group of teams to be competing with) but that doesn't mean he's not a top appointment.

Still no mention of the relegation and failure to bounce back , is it a banned topic?

Of course not.  As I said, it's akin to Martinez at Wigan.  (He got a job before "sticking with it" at relegated Wigan, though).

Why would I be talking about his negatives when praising the guy, though?  Odd.

Â