Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

21 hours ago, momo said:

He scored from the position he used to play when Carew was playing. Good game, and worked hard, like he does most of the games he plays. He scored, and now everybody loves him again.

Err no, don't get ahead of yourself......we are giving credit, where credit is due.

its not an argument clincher.

I thought it was a classic Gabby goal that he used to get in his prime, he is a player that is better when not allowed to think on the ball. His chance at Palace he had about 3 touches and made a balls of it as an example

• Like 2

If history teaches us anything it is that gabby will go missing for a little bit now and then score another goal in maybe about 6 games, then go missing for about another 6 games....

Really, really hope he proves me wrong but this is how 80% of his career has been and I'm not betting on him breaking any habits.

Boss Sherwood said: “I am looking for a few more goals. I have had a lot of chats with Gabby and Christian.

"I just said to them that outside of the top six they have to be the best strike partnership in history - but you have to prove it and go and do it..

We still have half of the best strikeforce outside the top 6 in history. If we can keep him fit and then it's up to him to prove it and go and do it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If history teaches us anything it is that gabby will go missing for a little bit now and then score another goal in maybe about 6 games, then go missing for about another 6 games....

Really, really hope he proves me wrong but this is how 80% of his career has been and I'm not betting on him breaking any habits.

Think you mean 6 months :D

Pleased he scored. He's frustrated me so much over his career, but I don't feel any hatred for him like some seem to. He's probably scored more premier league goals than the rest of our squad put together.

56 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Pleased he scored. He's frustrated me so much over his career, but I don't feel any hatred for him like some seem to. He's probably scored more premier league goals than the rest of our squad put together.

He's almost certainly scored at least 3x more PL goals than the rest of the squad put together. 

I've said it before. If he was top drawer he'd of left us years ago

He's the only proven regular Premier league goalscorer we have in our squad...so play him. Yes he can be non existent in games so take him off

We are struggling for goals so we've got to take a punt on him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YLN said:

Boss Sherwood said: “I am looking for a few more goals. I have had a lot of chats with Gabby and Christian.

"I just said to them that outside of the top six they have to be the best strike partnership in history - but you have to prove it and go and do it..

We still have half of the best strikeforce outside the top 6 in history. If we can keep him fit and then it's up to him to prove it and go and do it. 

Problem is he is unfit. He has been for a few seasons now. He made a big difference vs Norwich but if anybody is expecting him to do that regularly in the shape he's in (especially against better opposition), they are going to be disappointed.

I can't understand why he hasn't been put on a program to get fit again. He has had months on the sidelines this season where it could have been done. He would be twice the player and I would have a lot more confidence in him being the answer to our goal scoring problems.

47 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm hoping Gabby goes on a little scoring streak now. When he is in form he's unplayable, it's just that when he isn't, he just disappears for 3months at a time.

He's still out of shape and that's why Remi and him fell out I believe. 

Gabbys never been unplayable sorry but thats just not true. When on form he is good but in his years here he has never been "unplayable" in my eyes. Benteke on his day was unplayable not gabby

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do we even know if there was any beef?

Didn't Garde make him train with the U21s? Or did I just imagine that?

Anyway, he's our only mobile forward who will make runs in behind and stretch opponents, he does look a little fat to me (for a pro footballer) but clearly still has pace, has to lead the line from now on.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Didn't Garde make him train with the U21s? Or did I just imagine that?

Not sure. I don't remember that but it could have happened.

Not saying there was no beef, but the papers seem to have made up a lot of shit around this.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Gabbys never been unplayable sorry but thats just not true. When on form he is good but in his years here he has never been "unplayable" in my eyes. Benteke on his day was unplayable not gabby

Yeahhhh I tend to agree that I over exaggerated him being unplayable. We have seen him tear teams apart in his day, merely hoping he finds that sort of form if we play to his strength. 

My point was he has long drought spells in his career, now is not the time for another. 

Â