Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

grow up.....oh and which way is the wind blowing?

Pardon?

Sorry to get all "that way" but I've paid his wages for however long. I've never once booed him, sent him wanky messages on Facebook or whatever. Bit shitty of him to turn his back on us, IMO.

As I said, I'm over it already. As he will hopefully be.

Didn't think he had a great first half to be honest but once he scored the confidence came flooding back into his game. Norwich defence just couldn't handle him after that.  Good goal and very much hope we see more! 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I disagree with every single word of your post.

I don't agree that we should be, but I can understand why he might not want to celebrate with/for them. It's done now anyway, hope he gets a chance to celebrate again soon

• Like 1

I don't agree that we should be, but I can understand why he might not want to celebrate with/for them. It's done now anyway, hope he gets a chance to celebrate again soon

Maybe I've overreacted, maybe I'm more disappointed not to see a "Lazarus" type moment! It was fun singing his name and it was clear the Holte End was looking for him to be a hero, hence my disappointment at the end.

Let's all move on. Together. Play like that every week and I'm sure we and Gabby both will.

• Like 1

That was somewhere near the Gabby of old, really good to see.

I think some of the abuse and criticism he has had has been way over the top, but he's also deserved some of that criticism.

He's an incredibly frustrating and divisive figure, but sometimes I think he gets more sh*t that some of the other players in this awful squad who deserve it equally or more.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

That was somewhere near the Gabby of old, really good to see.

I think some of the abuse and criticism he has had has been way over the top, but he's also deserved some of that criticism.

He's an incredibly frustrating and divisive figure, but sometimes I think he gets more sh*t that some of the other players in this awful squad who deserve it equally or more.

Blimey, "in the land of the blind....." !! Please remember Gabby is rubbish, barely a PL standard forward, he was always the player who we needed a much better alternative, but OK as a squad player/impact sub. Currently we have virtually nothing up front, so I guess any glimmer of hope i.e. a forward actually scoring and we may well get irrationally excited but I don't think this is going to be a fairy tale. But I really hope it is.

i think the stick he gets is justified, he needs to put in a few shifts for me.

• Like 1

Dream team transfer window slams shut and we could have picked Gabby! Damn it, I always miss the opportunity!  On a serious note, good goal and hope we see more of his second half performance for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Blimey, "in the land of the blind....." !! Please remember Gabby is rubbish, barely a PL standard forward, he was always the player who we needed a much better alternative, but OK as a squad player/impact sub. Currently we have virtually nothing up front, so I guess any glimmer of hope i.e. a forward actually scoring and we may well get irrationally excited but I don't think this is going to be a fairy tale. But I really hope it is.

Yeah, he's been useless for a very long time but now he's pretty much our only option so I do not think hailing abuse is the way forward. Given our options available and the fact that board has deemed investment was not going to happen this january Gabby is our man. He's still more effective than Gestede and Sinclair imo.

I'm just as guilty as any for calling him this and that, and I don't forgive him for one performance either. Every player will have the odd bad game but bad 5 years? If he's honest with himself he'll know some of it is deserved as he's not being giving it his all, regardless of the circumstances at the time. If he gives it his all for the remainder of the season it will go someway to repairing the damage he's done to the relationship with fans like myself. One swallow doesn't make a summer however and he as a senior player should have been front of the class embracing Remi's philosophy from word go and if he had maybe the turnaround would have happened sooner.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

You are entitled to your own opinion.

But for me there is no other player in the last ten years that has scored as many important goals for us, even when he was not scoring he set up plenty of goals as his crossing and assist rate was decent. 

I think the issue is, he is not necessarily a winger or a striker and managers have puzzled over how to get the best of him, he also doesn't have the best footballing brain. 

Some matches he has cut a forlorn sulky figure who doesn't do enough or contribute enough, the last real spell he had in the team Sherwood relied too heavily on him and the pressure of being the main forward and captain seemed to mean Gabby lost his shooting boots all together. Not sure what has really happened under Garde, but i do think he loved Sherwood and his attitude and effort was coloured by that, which earns him stick he deserves. But now he seems to be working for Garde.

I think what annoys me is when people put him in the same category as Nzogbia - as overpaid over hyped let downs. Now people are entitled to think that about Zog and others, I don't but that's me, I get it. But my opinion is Gabby cares about the club, whether or not his best days are behind him.

• Like 2

As crap as I think Gabby is, I have always said he has a habit of popping up and scoring crucial goals. He scored another one vs Norwich a couple of seasons ago that pretty much guaranteed we stayed up.

Â