Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

i know its euros but Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure, Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell cost nearly 70 million euros :o

O'Neillesque

A lot of that was down to just wanting to destabilise other teams in the division like us, Blackburn, Chelsea etc...

Throwing money and their weight around and wanting to be important...

I still pray for the day their owners get bored and they do a Portsmouth and disappear into nothingness...

That wretched club and their shitty fans deserve nothing less... 

Man.City crowds were very good in the late 90s aswell when they really were s*** and went down to league 1, it was around the 28k mark which was pretty much capacity for Maine Road.

Yeah when they moved to Eastlands they didn't sell out a huge amount but average attendance was still around 40k so still higher than us.

I know Chelsea made a fortune on him but he's beginning to look like Mourinho's biggest mistake. Mata I could just about get, but de Bruyne is de Poodle's privates.

• Like 1

True but hindsight is 20/20 and De Bruyne's great start to his second stint in England has coincided with Eden Hazard's form falling off of a cliff.  I'm sure Mourinho expected much more from Hazard this season and the guy who was supposed to be the closest thing Chelsea have to a Galactico simply hasn't produced.

True but hindsight is 20/20 and De Bruyne's great start to his second stint in England has coincided with Eden Hazard's form falling off of a cliff.  I'm sure Mourinho expected much more from Hazard this season and the guy who was supposed to be the closest thing Chelsea have to a Galactico simply hasn't produced.

It's not one or the other though. He could have had both Hazard and De bruyne playing in the same team but instead he just casts aside any winger who doesn't fit exactly into the mourinho prototype. De bruyne isn't the only good player Mourinho has let go.

It's not one or the other though. He could have had both Hazard and De bruyne playing in the same team but instead he just casts aside any winger who doesn't fit exactly into the mourinho prototype. De bruyne isn't the only good player Mourinho has let go.

He's not the only good one, but in each case like Mata and Schürrle, I could see it benefitting Chelsea overall.  I know Chelsea were trying to balance FFP in and around that time so maybe that had something to do with it.  That and the fact they were making >£12m on a player they signed 2 years previous and rarely used.  But in hindsight, given the relative buttons of £12m to Abramovich I think Mourinho might take that one back if he had a magic wand.

I'm sure he would now but like I said, hindsight is 20/20 and Mourinho did what he felt was right at the time. If he's fiercely protective of his system then it's because the system works, you only have to look at his overall record to see that. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2015, 12:05:21, BOF said:

I know Chelsea made a fortune on him but he's beginning to look like Mourinho's biggest mistake. Mata I could just about get, but de Bruyne is de Poodle's privates.

on current form Lukaku is not looking like good business either

Yep two massive mistakes by Mourinho, and I thought so at the time about De Bruyne, everybody could see he was class for Belgium until he returned to Chelsea and Mourninho ruined him and then he showed his class by being player of the year in the Bundesliga last season

• Like 1

On 11/25/2015, 12:39:11, Zatman said:

on current form Lukaku is not looking like good business either

I'd argue it's up there with one of the best moves he's made. Got rid of Lukaku for roughly the same amount it cost him to bring in Diego Costa. You can't have both in a 1 striker system and you aren't winning the league if Lukaku is your main man IMO. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

Â