coda

Costa has to play a certain way though, he isnt very technical but he is type of player that you need in a fight to prove people wrong. No surprise that since Chelsea got a commanding lead in league last season teams became more negative and he has been restricted as for me he is perfect in a counter attack style like at Atleti

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few papers today suggesting Mourinho has to win midweek against Porto to save his job. If you take a closer look at the club you wonder what on earth is going on. I think Baba Rahman is very suspect yet they sold Bertand and signed Rahman for double the price. They could've done with Lukaku over Falcao and Remy etc. I guess Mourinho would argue he won the league title so short term it worked for them but you do wonder if Abramovich is insisting on a long(er) approach with Ruben Luftus Cheek etc as again Mourinho doesn't really use youth. The obsession with Ivanovic is mind boggling especially dropping Azpilicueta in the process he isn't usually one to rotate so I'm not even sure he had Porto in mind when making this decision. Hazard hasn't even scored a goal yet this season in the Premier League. Jose himself looks lost on the sidelines.

It's crazy. I still think they will finish 4th though. They have been about as bad as possible with those players and are 12 points off. They could easily go on a 10 game win streak and be back up there. Whether or not it's with Jose though is a different matter

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

lukaku desperately wanted first team football didnt he? And he isnt good enough to be the main striker for chelsea so i think that was fine by them.

but he probably was, he has 50 goals in last 3.5 seasons for a 22 year old and Chelsea never actually gave him a chance

Dont have stats but in that time I would imagine just Aguero, Suarez and maybe Van Persie has as many league goals

And benteke had some impressive stats at some point..yet could only get a move to Liverpool (and a lot arnt convinced by him so far) And bony transfer isn't looking very good. All 3 similarish players (just different ages, lukaku prob most intelligent though). All 3 arnt good enough to be #1 striker for a top club.  They also couldn't really afford to give lukaku #1 role at the time when they sold him and just hope he learns how to become world class striker. If lukaku was happy being a striker on the bench I imagine he would still be there. There's been many posts over his time at Everton at being so inconsistent. That isn't acceptable for Chelsea. Selling him was fine.

well since Mourinho came in Chelsea have lost De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata and Schurrle plus Salah and Cuadrado because he didnt think they were good enough and none had even really hit their prime yet

Mourinho has ruined this team himself

Lukaku is a lot better than what they have there now! Mourinho has sealed his own fate I think. Fancy going into a home against Bournemouth without a recognised striker. Its plain rediculous. Theres no chance they will make top 4, they will probaly need 50 pts from their remaining 23 games to achieve that. No chance! Loose to Porto he's a gonna.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

well since Mourinho came in Chelsea have lost De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata and Schurrle plus Salah and Cuadrado because he didnt think they were good enough and none had even really hit their prime yet

Mourinho has ruined this team himself

Who won the league last year?

I haven't watched them for a few weeks but this has to be some sort of mutiny from some players who dont want to play for him for whatever reason. I can guess a reason. Such things always ends with the manager gone. This is Mourinho and Chelsea though, who knows what will happen.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

thing is with hazard and pedro he probably should be able to play without a recognised striker, however both are in poor form, pretty much every chelsea player is shit compared to last season, matic, hazard and ivanovic have been utter wank

Yes I know but I think it sent a statement out to Bournemouth

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nobody cares about last season, look at Tim Sherwood ;)

:)

The point was, and I hope it didn't come across as flippant, is that the majority of those players you mentioned wouldn't have been good enough to get in Chelsea's team last year. De Bruyne probably but I'm surprised how good he is and perhaps Jose is too! As for the others. no, I don't think so. Costa was better than Lukaku and Hazard, Oscar, Fabregas better than the others mentioned (IMO). 

The established players playing like dog shit is the reason why Chelsea are struggling and the boss has to take the blame for that

To be honest though they could just flip a switch tonight and mash Leicester 4-0. Their squad is very strong, they are just going through a baffling 1 in 100 years run of form (arguably Leicester too). The world will right itself before long.

Â