Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

In all seriousness it sounds like you definitely made the right decision, it would have only got worse, especially if you ever did get round to having kids.  Have you paid for a honeymoon?  If so I'd still go on my own, sounds like she'd only have hated it anyway.

Yeah we booked to go Jamaica, the thing was there was still abit to pay off on that so I managed to get most of the money back just lost the deposit which wasn't too bad. Yeah she was moaning about it as she was not 100%. I agree would ahve got worse she was a dragon. Oh I forgot to mention that we made an agreement to go halves on our joint account engagement money within a few hours she cleared the joint account and took all the money. I suspected she was after money as well which also was a huge factor for me

Where was the stag? And did you sleep with someone when away?

The stag was in Riga and I had the opportunity to sleep with one hot Latvian girl but I didn't (obviously kicking myself now) but I dont do cheating on women when its a serious relationship

• Like 2

I respect you for getting a stag do out of the situation before cutting the cord :thumb:

Seriously though, she sounds like a bitch. But with my serious hat on, I would take some time to really think about it and make sure this was definitely what you wanted. If in a week you still feel relief that you've made the right decision, then chances are you have.

If it's been four weeks and you're still happy that you've made the right decision then, in my opinion, you have.

A rush of blood or cold feet might make you make a silly decision that you regret. But if it's been a month and you're still sure then I'd suggest you've done the right thing.

Don't settle.

• Like 1

Basically it is a long story but i have not been happy in my relationship for a while but I put it down to wedding stress. But when I went on my stag my boys who went with me could see I was not really happy with her but kept it to themselves. Then my cousin who i was sharing with said to me are you sure your happy with this girl Dem? That's when I just finally let it all out how unhappy I was and was not sure if I could marry her.

Basically my ex is a control freak. She would try tell me how to dress if she did not like something I wore. She even had the nerve to me every weekend say I cant watch football because she does not like it! One time she actually snatched the control off me and said I ain't watching this shit and turned the channel. Massive row. then there is the witch of a mother in law. the woman trying to tell me why have I not put my exs name on my flat? what the hell has it got to do with her? She telling I MUST wear a cravat at the wedding and not a tie under any circumstances. Again what the hell does it have to do with her? 

Back to my ex she tried tactics like trapping me by saying lets not use a condom (obviously to try get pregnant) but no chance. I knew what she was after. She also threw a white gold necklace at me for xmas as she did not like it. That really pissed me off

I basically knew after the stag I did not want to be with her during the stag as I did not miss her and the thought of her touching me made my skin crawl. thats when I knew. Obviiously when I broke it off she went berserk and got some shitty digs from her turd of a mother

That would do it for me. Sounds like a top decision mate.

• Like 1

the thought of her touching me made my skin crawl. thats when I knew.

Yep, I think that'd do for most people  :P

Onwards and upwards Dem mate. I can only guess, given how you've described her, that she must have been incredibly fit ....

I respect you for getting a stag do out of the situation before cutting the cord :thumb:

Seriously though, she sounds like a bitch. But with my serious hat on, I would take some time to really think about it and make sure this was definitely what you wanted. If in a week you still feel relief that you've made the right decision, then chances are you have.

Stevo been broken up for four weeks and I can tell you was best decision I made. Am a lot happy now as i no longer have somone putting me down 8 hours a day. I think I proposed for the wrong reasons and I will definitely make sure I do not make this same mistake in future

I was really hoping you'd done it between the time of your post asking if anyone had done it before and your next post.

Still you made the right choice. That necklace and joint account things is not the work of a good person.

the thought of her touching me made my skin crawl. thats when I knew.

Yep, I think that'd do for most people  :P

Onwards and upwards Dem mate. I can only guess, given how you've described her, that she must have been incredibly fit ....

Thanks Johnny boy :) She wasnt too bad to be fair but the personality traits outweighed that by 100%

Â