Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

I've no idea.  Their capitulation is like the anti-Iceland.  How do you go from perennial qualifiers to beneath the Faroe Islands so quickly.  Mental. 

wouldnt call Poland a 1 man team, they have 31 goals in qualifying and Lewandowski has only 12 of them (9 against Georgia and Gibraltar)

They are actually the highest scorers in qualifying so far

It's a great feeling when it happens. In a way as an England fan you miss out on the elation because qualification is almost a foregone conclusion and certainly not grounds for the kind of unbridled joy in that video. Sport eh?

I remember it was mocked by some fans when he was linked with Villa but Hoolahan was brilliant last night and he has been impressive so far this season. Only David Silva has more assists than him this season

also we could do a lot worse in January and put a bid in for Walters as well

• Like 1

It's a great feeling when it happens. In a way as an England fan you miss out on the elation because qualification is almost a foregone conclusion and certainly not grounds for the kind of unbridled joy in that video. Sport eh?

Didn't England miss out on the Euros in 08? I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that majors nations make these tournaments. Like look at Holland. It should be a celebration for any nation in my opinion. 

That wasn't the point. The point was that when they do qualify (which is most times, hence 'almost') it doesn't get anything like the celebration.

I agree with BOF.  England are like a club who always qualify for the Champions League but never win it, we might miss out on a tournament every 10-15 years (Euro 2008, USA '94, Euro 84) but qualification is both demanded and expected by our fans and managers who fail to do so will pay with their job.  We wouldn't have scenes like Northern Ireland last night unless we won a tournament.  

England would be the Arsenal of international football ;)

We'd be the Arsenal of international football if we won trophies but our fans pretended we didn't. 

The old Teddy Sheringham corner catches Ireland out.   Need to score twice now, right?  (a win takes you through automatically, does a 2-2 on away goals in the head to head vs Poland?)

Edit:  instant reply!  If you are going to equalise, do it while I'm still talking about the opening goal! :lol:

Edited by The_Rev

Yes 2-2 gets R.O.I through in 2nd.

If it's 1-1 with 10 minutes left Ireland might aswell stick 10 upfront and see what happens as Poland going up the other end and scoring to make it 2-1 doesn't make the slightest bit of different, Ireland would still just need to score one goal. Looks like they're doing it now...

Â