Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Muller missing sitters I've seen it all now, MON is one of the flukiest managers around.

when that happened I knew it was Irelands night.

Great performance from everybody on the team tonight including management. Everybody put in a shift and deserve the result

Can't see Ireland winning in Poland but considering they were outsiders after only drawing at home to Scotland they'll take 3rd no problem.

Are they likely to be seeded for that? I assume so as their world ranking will be better than a few in there.

think I read the top 4 teams in qualifying are seeded though at moment the 3rd place teams on world ranking Croatia, Ukraine,Turkey and Sweden certainly must be ahead of us

think a 2-2 draw will qualify us but we will see. I expect a very cagey game sunday as low scoring draw for Poland sends them through

Scotland bottling made it worse. If the useless bastards had held on we'd be going to Poland needing only a draw to go through by rights. Now we need to win to get 2nd.

I think its OK, MON would have went and shut up shop and I wouldnt trust us to survive that, now thats what Poland will try do which might help us curb the threat of Lewandowski and Milik

think its a Robbie Keane game to put on with 20-25 minutes left if 0-0

Actually just to clarify, a draw of 2-2 or above gives us the head to head over Poland on away goals, so maybe the draw could be enough :-)

I'm delighted for them.  I want everyone at the party.  You never expect Northern Ireland to seal the deal but it's great that they have.  O'Neill is a hell of a manager.  On the flip side I know there'll be a shitton of Nordies rubbing it in if we don't qualify but I don't mind being the bigger person.  For me, the more of our 5 nations that are there the better.  It's just a pity with Poland and Germany in our group that there was only ever realistically the chance for one of Ireland and Scotland getting a shot at a top 3 finish.

• Like 2

And Poland have shown recently that they're as close to a 1 man team as you can get.  Hell of a man yes, but when you think Germany got 1 point off us in this qualifying campaign (ONE!), you've got to believe you have what it takes in Poland.  As difficult as it will be.  Otherwise why bother turning up at all?

Â