Brad Guzan

R.Bear

According to BBC Sport:

Aston Villa have offered a new contract to United States international keeper Brad Guzan, 27, as his current deal runs out at the end of the season. Manager Alex McLeish said: "Shay is 35 now and, when Brad has come in, he has proved himself to be a Premier League keeper."

I'd keep Shay as long as we can. Shay will get injured more than likely - at some point, Guzan is ample back up. But I'm still not confident in his ability to command the area when set pieces are being flung in - but then again no one in our team seems able to do that.

And it's not like he was bad before that game either. He'd previously put in some very commendable performances when called upon, just seemed to have a bit of a 'mare that night. Shit happens.

Does anyone know which other player's contracts up at the end of the season?

heskey's but I doubt very much we'll offer him one.

Given still has a contract for 4 and 1/2 years, so Guzan if he has any sense won't sign. I would love to see him be our number one ( I like Shay also though ) but he's 27, he's got to look after himself and get a career as a regular somewhere else. Given isn't going anywhere.

Guzan

Marshall

Cuellar

Lowry

Jenas (back to Spurs)

Heskey

then in May 2013 it will be:

Warnock

Dunne

Collins

Petrov

Lichaj

Guzan

Marshall

Cuellar

Lowry

Jenas (back to Spurs)

Heskey

then in May 2013 it will be:

Warnock

Dunne

Collins

Petrov

Lichaj

Thanks Ender - so we're only really going to be shifting Heskey, and a couple of reserves, and hoping for some clubs to be stupid.

Either way, keeping Guzan will not be a bad thing - however I don't think we need Marshall. Our 3rd choice, should be someone coming through the youth teams etc.

Aston Villa’s American keeper Brad Guzan is a target for Ipswich.

Town boss Paul Jewell wants to take Guzan on loan and would also be keen to land him permanently.

Guzan impressed as Shay Given’s stand-in but is considering his future – with his contract running down at Villa Park.

Only the Daily Mirror though

Aston Villa’s American keeper Brad Guzan is a target for Ipswich.

Town boss Paul Jewell wants to take Guzan on loan and would also be keen to land him permanently.

Guzan impressed as Shay Given’s stand-in but is considering his future – with his contract running down at Villa Park.

Only the Daily Mirror though

This is probably true and yes I know it's the mirror but this seems possible. Guzan is far too good to be sitting. He is Premier League quality adn should be playing consistently somewhere.

Â