Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Loads of Americans commenting about the international game saying Guzan shouldn't be playing and Howard is so much better.

I suggest they watch the last 3 games we've played. (City, Reading, QPR) The saves he made against City were UNBELIEVABLE , pushing numerous shots away or onto the post. Reading was a good performance (Guzan can't really be blamed for the OG) and then QPR, his saves again were world class. Samba header and Samba curler through a crowded penalty box, along with Remy's long range strike. 

I would say Guzan has had a better season than Howard in terms of the number of outstanding saves he has had to make. 

Think that is a very select few tbh. Many within the American circles have thought for around the past year or so that Howard might be getting up there and starting to decline, but it would be tough for Kilnsmann to drop him in favour of Guzan. With Howard's injury, it is now the perfect time for Guzan to take the top spot and he is probably the best keeper for the job considering the parallels between  playing behind a young/inexperienced Villa defense and the inexperienced/transitioning US defense.

his save was great but he has been doing it all season. His save from i think Zabaleta onto the post at Villa Park was amazing as well.

If Americans dont want him then fine, Brad stay here and preare for liverpool

Huh? Guzan was never on Manure's books...surely you're thinking of Timmy Howard?

No, Guzan spent time with Manure when he was younger. Was passed over by a couple of other good teams aswell, before coming to us. They released him thinking he would not make the grade.

Edited by MagicMushroom

The save from Samba's header was probably the best I've ever seen, no hyperbole. I honestly thought it was in the back of the net and was like "****" until I saw it go around the post. Jaw dropping.

Sambas reaction to the save tells you everything, he was absolutely stunned that he hadn't scored, tbf he could not have headed it any better.

Huh? Guzan was never on Manure's books...surely you're thinking of Timmy Howard?

No, Guzan spent time with Manure when he was younger. Was passed over by a couple of other good teams aswell, before coming to us. They released him thinking he would not make the grade.

I think you're mistaken

He had a trial at Celtic but they didn't get a work permit before though

his save was great but he has been doing it all season. His save from i think Zabaleta onto the post at Villa Park was amazing as well.

If Americans dont want him then fine, Brad stay here and preare for liverpool

THink that was from Yaya, but yeah it was a great save.

I don't want any of our players to feature internationally, I just want them to play for Villa :D so they can pass him over as much as they want.

He probably has at least another ten years to feature for America anyway. Let him take his time.

Before that, the best save I'd ever seen was Chris Woods from a Dwight Yorke header in front of the Holte. Near identical.

But I don't think he had to hang in the air as much as Guzan did, I've never seen anything this good.

Before that, the best save I'd ever seen was Chris Woods from a Dwight Yorke header in front of the Holte.

Bosnich changing direction in Mid air v Coventry surely ??

• Like 1

That can't be correct. Before coming to us he would have barely gotten any work permit and he does not apply for a EU passport due to European ancestry. Not that this all matters in honesty. All that matters is we have an amazing keeper.

I don't know mutch about goalkeeping, but what really amaze is that he's heading in the opposite direction yet he manages to react and reach it that far out? Amazing.

Â