Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

The silence after a snowfall that is unlike the silence you might experience in the dead of night, is so because sound waves can't bounce of snow due to the gaps between snowflakes, like they would other surfaces, so the snow absorbs the sound.

giphy-21.gif

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, useless said:

The silence after a snowfall that is unlike the silence you might experience in the dead of night, is so because sound waves can't bounce of snow due to the gaps between snowflakes, like they would other surfaces, so the snow absorbs the sound.

giphy-21.gif

I do love the stillness that being alone in a snowy place brings, it's almost spiritual. 

I love snow, but hate any other kind of cold/windy weather.  It's snow or 22C heat, nothing else.

The only weather I really dislike is when the pavements are all icy, as I go sliding all over the place and am often taken suddenly from beneath my shoes. Snows not so bad, at least if you fall then, it's a soft landing.

Is it wrong I actually quite like Justin Bieber. He seems like a decent lad and some of his songs are quite catchy. He's also living the life I would if i was in that position - partying and nailing hot girls!

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is it wrong I actually quite like Justin Bieber. He seems like a decent lad and some of his songs are quite catchy. He's also living the life I would if i was in that position - partying and nailing hot girls!

I was thinking similar on the way home tonight when his song came on. Not a fan of the music but can't really say I'd do much different to him given the chance at the awesome life he has.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Can't stand him (mainly his music, the little I've heard anyway). But I would like his money and his women (not the fame though), so chalk part of that dislike up to envy.

I never liked Justin Timberlake but then I saw him being interviewed and he was very self deprecating and seemed a decent sort. So you never know, Bieber could go the same way.

However, his "belieber" comment in the Anne Frank House from a few years ago still grates with me a little.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

With all the idiots who seem to want to create a splat on the ground after climbing to the top of huge structures and filming themselves leaning over the edge and jumping about etc, why don't we hear of any of them falling off and creating said splat?

On 1/27/2016 at 13:22, Stevo985 said:

One of the managers in my department doesn't like leaving his Sky box plugged in. So he gets up at 4am every morning to turn it on so that it records the kids programmes for his little boy.

FYI he's a **** moron and I hate him.

On 1/27/2016 at 14:55, Stevo985 said:

He also insists it takes him 90 minutes to get into work, despite him living half the distance from work that I live (on the route I have to take, more or less) and it only taking me an hour.

I could go on and on about what he does that pisses me off. Slurping his drinks, snorting, telling everyone how busy he is everytime he opens his mouth, calling emails "tweets", doing air quote marks when they make literally no sense, tucking his tie into his trousers. The list is endless.

Just found out he doesn't have a company car. He's entitled to one. That's a Jaguar or a Land Rover and he'd only have to pay peanuts (relatively speaking) per month. He could also get Ford cars instead.

That's fine. If he doesn't want one he doesn't want one.

But apparently he'd like on but the reason he doesn't have one is because his wife hates JLR products.

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why footballers have open twitter/instagram pages? Never going to end well

The trouble is, footballers are thick. I think it's good that they have the platform to connect with fans but Christ they should let a pr company handle the accounts. 

• Like 1

Saw Frankie Boyle in concert tonight , by and large he was very funny  if a little opinionated on areas where he's clearly myopic ( and wrong )

but he's another comedian I've seen now where I spend most of the show laughing my head off and then can't remember a single gag by the time I get back to my car 

is it just me ? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

**** that, there are proper social media agencies for that. PR agencies haven't got a clue when it comes to social media. 

yeah, a friend of mine runs a social media agency that run Bales and other players/coaches/sports stars social media. those clients dont even have the logins for their own accounts and need to send anything they want to share to the agency first.

Why a post containing many funny gifs in the funny gif thread will nearly always get far fewer likes than most posts containing a single gif.  It's like the multi-post is only as strong as its weakest gif.  But it's more than that.  It's like the bombardment of imagery makes people just keep scrolling away and beyond the like button.  Monsters.  Anyway, I do regularly wonder that as and when I witness it :)

• Like 4

Â