Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

No, you're right, Toby Carverys are shit.

Like the LIDL of "restaurants".  I think I've been 3 times and every single time it's been garbage.  Everything's under/over cooked, the meat portions are so meagre, I think the staff expect you to ask for more.  It's just pathetic. 

• Like 1

No, you're right, Toby Carverys are shit.

Like the LIDL of "restaurants".  I think I've been 3 times and every single time it's been garbage.  Everything's under/over cooked, the meat portions are so meagre, I think the staff expect you to ask for more.  It's just pathetic. 

Unfair on Lidl. They are depressing shops, but some of their stuff is actually very good. Including (to my slight surprise), meat and wine.

• Like 2

I once bought a bottle of 12 year old Scotch from Lidl, thinking 'how bad could it be'.  I can only assume they meant 'Scotch made by a 12 year old'.  It was absolutely horrendous.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Verging on a soft drink, but yeah, quite nice chilled on a summer's day.

4.8% according the label  ... isn't that the same as wifebeater  since they reduced it in 2012 ? (to save tax )

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said: Verging on a soft drink, but yeah, quite nice chilled on a summer's day.

4.8% according the label  ... isn't that the same as wifebeater  since they reduced it in 2012 ? (to save tax )

Sorry, I was thinking it was the 3% stuff.

Â