Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why do people smile in photographs?

When you see a group of people grinning like the Cheshire Cat in a photo... it's creepy a **** tbh.

Bring back the stern mugs of old, I say.

CincinnatiMen.jpg

Top stuff, apart from the two on the right, with the one sitting down clearly suppressing a rather significant quantity of gas between his buttocks, and the one standing up just altogether confused about proceedings.

we've certainly loosened up a bit since then

CPl0a7NWEAAZW9j.jpg

Smiling is now compulsory and failure to grin like an idiot on demand invites the accusation that you are a miserablist or unlike themselves, a failure.

Someone said that photographs are lies we send ourselves in the future about the past. 

• Like 1

I overcome the smiling in photo's bit by not having my photo taken , unless I'm extremely drunk in which case you can't get me out of photo's

It's the kids standing to attention in an upright pose that guards at Buckingham Palace would be proud off  complete  with Cheshire cat grin that does my head in ... more so when they have a missing tooth or they haven't quite grown into their head and their teeth are 6 sizes too big for their mouth ... just take a natural photo of your kids ffs ( preferably one that isn't blurred as well )

Some episodes of Fraiser are genuinely **** genius.

Tempted to watch through it all now...

O Roz... smother me.

Never really saw that much of Frasier, but I do remember thinking the episode when they're stuck in a car park was pretty much the perfect episode of a sitcom. It definitely wasn't always that good though. 

If you had an x-ray machine that could only detected bones and somehow it was able to take an x-ray of the the entire earth, what would it look like.

Depends how you define "bones". If you built a Calcium detector and put it about 100,000 miles away, Earth would like like a white marble.

Bones as in the building blocks of a skeleton. When I visualize it, it looks like a load of bones floating about forming a spherical shape. I guess It's one of those things that can only exist in the imagination.

You know as well as me that the 4 percent of the earth is made of calcium, but my visualization is more of a work of art that can only exist conceptually rather than a scientific photo.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Strictly speaking I didn't say human bones either. ;)

But yes you would have all the sea creatures and dino bones too. The human bones diagram would be the most interesting I think.

It'll still be a very very thin shell of bone, just about 10,000 years since creation, less all the stuff that's simply been eaten, destroyed, rotted away. 

Â